Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Umm eww!! Advice needed

I have been really unhappy at my job for the last 4 months or so and am interviewing for other positions outside my company and I am so close to getting another job. Anyways, the reason I'm unhappy is they decided to change my job and now I am working not only my position but also for another manager who's always give me this creepy vibe every time I have to deal with him.

Well today I had to ask him to do something for the 3rd time and he responds with "ohhhhhh I've been bad!" in this tone that implied "I've been a bad boy, spank me" type of way. I'm so thouroghly disgusted and feel really dirty right now. My REAL boss happened to be there and told me he would deal with it with the manager of the department (who is also this other guys boss). Just for reference I'm 24 and this guy is my fathers age.

But what do I do??? I feel so gross and I want out of here NOW. I'm shaking and feel sick to my stomach and just cant work for this company.

Would it look really bad to a potential employer if I quit my job before officially having another one?

I'm so at a loss right now.

I'm sooo sorry you have to deal with this. I'm still trying to deal with something similar, PM me if you need to talk, I don't like talking about it out in the open too much.

To your question, I don't think it would look bad, especially if you told them why. Just as long as you are ok with out having a job lined up right away.

Let us know how it turns out!
    LJ
    Anastasia 8.10.07 * Surprise #2 June 2010

"Would it be bad if I quit?"

Not really. It's not worth your sanity if you really hate your job. Any potential employer may wonder why you quit without something else lined up, but you can always say that you were not thriving in the environment and felt burnt out.

ETA: Do you trust that your manager will take care of the situation? To be honest, I'd go to HR so that something is on record about the incident.

Di
    You think you've done your journey
    Then you stumble and find that there's such a long way to go

pride&prejudice ~ I'm sorry you're going through something like this as well. I dont under why people think stuff like this is ok. I actually think I'm going to talk to HR about this tomorrow and see where to go from there.

dionysia ~ Thanks for that advice. I'm not sure if my manager will. We are supposed to talk to his manager tomorrow and if that doesnt do anything then I think I'm going to talk to HR about it. I just dont want this somehow coming down on me

If it's any consolation, it's illegal for them to retaliate against you for reporting sexual harassment.

Di

Di ~ Now they're talking about transfering me out of state and there's no way I'm going to move. It could be purely coincidental, but nothing was ever said until I said something regarding this situation the other day. What should I do to CMA in this situation?

Cakes,
    Did you make a formal complaint to HR? If not, march down there right now. Make your complaint, then mention the transfer discussion. Remind the HR person that it is illegal to retaliate against an employee for reporting sexual harassment. If the HR person seems wishy-washy, go straight to the top.

Di

Thanks for your help. I wasnt able to check this again until now, but I will be going in tomorrow to file a formal complaint. I called my dad in tears about this situation and he immediatly contacted my uncle who's a big employment lawyer who advised me to put it in writing and he'll be backing me up if it comes down to a lawsuit.

Cakes,
    It sounds like you have a plan. Good for you!!

Keep your chin up!

Di

Di,

Thank you for your help.

I did just get good news, I got a new job and will be out of here in 2 weeks. So regardless of what happens or what they try and do I'll be gone anyways. Such a weight off my shoulders!!