Quantcast
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I also knew someone who got a card that said "Grandma" and one for "Grandpa" and that's how they told their parents.....I don't think it would've worked in my case b/c my mother is already a grandma and she probably would've just been a bit confused.

I didn't have to "tell" my DH (he was listening on the phone with me when the nurse said my beta was positive) but we told our parents about a week later. They (along with my sister) were all visiting at once and we made little gift baskets for each of them. Each included a tiny silver "baby" frame (with rattles & stuff) that I'd bought at Target for about $3. In the space where the picture normally would go, I wrote, "Reserved for Baby OurLastName, Estimated Arrival: March 2, 2006." (At the time, we didn't know yet that we were expecting twins).

My mother says she is never going to put a picture in that frame (and, in fact, the frame is sitting at her house under the other family pictures).

For the grandparents, we also included a book on "things to do with my grandchild" that I'd bought from Amazon.com.
    Alexander James: 2.15.06
    Audrey Caroline: 2.15.06
    f/k/a katbride on the WC

For me well I had found out I was PG when I POAS but it came out light, so I didn't want to show it to DH b/c I thought it might be false. 2 days later took a digital while at work and saw the word, was planning on telling him that night. Well, on our commute home (we commute together) I had to pee sooo badly (anyone in the first tri knows what I'm talking about) so I made him pull over at a community college. After he goes how come you couldn't hold it, that's when I told him!

As for my parents we got bibs that said I love grandpa/grandma then wrapped the pic of the digital HPT. They were soo surprised.
    Chris and Regina 5/22/2004
    Deborah Sara 4/12/2006

My mom I had bought a card that said in baby blocks: grandma-to-be. I couldn't hold it in though, called her on the phone as soon as I got off the phone with the nurse. Hubby I had a card for him, but I didn't get a chance to give it to him, because he called me the morning I was waiting for results and and he said so??? I told him on the phone, on his way home he went and stopped to get my flowers and put them in a baby bottle. When he came home he came into the computer room and presented them to me along with a huge hug and kiss.

His parents I made him call them about a week or so later, since he had just announced it at church that morning.
    Mommy to Easton, Julianna and Katelyn, missing my Rebekah

Luckily, I found out about 2 weeks before Mother's Day...so I wanted to combine telling my Mom with her Mother's Day gift.

My Mom has this REALLY nasty apron that she has had since I worked at Mrs. Fields cookies when I was 15 (17 years ago!) She won't get rid of it because of it's "sentimental value", so I am always telling her I am going to buy her a nice, new apron. SO...I found some on the Williams-Sonoma website that you can have embroidered...so I ordered one with "Grandma" printed on the front.

On Mother's Day, I wrapped the apron with the "Grandma" facing down so she could tell it was an apron when she opened it but wouldn't see the writing. Well, she opened it and said "This BETTER NOT be an apron"!!! Then she held it up and everyone in the room had this huge look of shock on their faces. My Mom...completely oblivious to what everyone is seeing....turns the apron around to look at the front of it. It took a minute to register, but she screamed and cried for about 10 minutes. It was awesome!

She can't wait to be a Grandma
    DD 1/12/06

Default Question??? bday/announce pg gift

Sorry to Hijak this thread. It is exactly what I was going to come start.
    Here is my question:
    I am hoping to be able to tell my family we got a BFP this weekend. The problem is we are celebrating mine and my 18yr old sisters bdays. I dont want to take the limelight from her. We wont all be together again for quite a while. Mindy in my journal mentioned I should give her a gift to announce it, so the focus would be on her.

I have grandkids picture frames for the parents and a pregnant Barbie for my 5yr old sis. I need a gift idea for my 20yr old bro and his fiance and my 18yr old sis(bday girl). HELP! Any other great ideas for telling them all?

Tonysweetie Guest

Not PG..Yet, hopiong to be by the end of the month, lol...

My plan to tell DH, is to make a sign that says "Welcome home Daddy!" and post it on the front door right before DH gets home from work so he see's it when he walks in the door from work

My parents/His parents: we will probably wait to tell them after we pass the 12 week mark (if I'm not showing yet, which I shouldn't be) and then we'll probably just tell them outload instead of getting creative w/it. Reason is my Mom is totally against DH and I having a baby/babies until we've been married for like 5 years soooo I'm not sure her reaction. His Mom will be totally thrilled and the best way to tell her would be just to tell her...she's not into game stuff, lol.

His grandparents/Mine: His will be THRILLED! THey hound us about having a great grand baby all the time so I have no doubt they'll be estatic so we'll just tell them out straight also. Mine will be the exact same way

I like when couples take a copy of their first sonogram picture of the baby, frame it and give it to their parents. I have also seen this done where the mother-to-be gives it to the father-to-be.

*A & A Est. 10.16.04*
    *A + A = B 10.14.07* & Teething!

We ♥ October!

These are all great ideas people, I am sure that the "newly" pg ladies on here are loving to hear about how to tell their DH they are pg.

I like when couples take a copy of their first sonogram picture of the baby, frame it and give it to their parents. I have also seen this done where the mother-to-be gives it to the father-to-be.

Since many of us only get 1 ultrasound at 20 weeks, there's no way I'd wait that long to tell my husband or my parents :P
    10.12.2002 - antibride
    04.20.2006 - nonchalant mama
    06.25.2009 - mama again

Quote Originally Posted by marteneym
    I am hoping to be able to tell my family we got a BFP this weekend. The problem is we are celebrating mine and my 18yr old sisters bdays. I dont want to take the limelight from her. We wont all be together again for quite a while. Mindy in my journal mentioned I should give her a gift to announce it, so the focus would be on her.
    Who is making the cake? Is there any way you could sneak in there and write "Happy Birthday to Aunt (sister's name)" on it? Then everyone would see it when she's blowing out the candles.