Quantcast
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

There are quite a few stories in this thread:

How did you tell DH (and/or your parents) you were pg?
    Married ~ 2004
    DS #1 2007
    DS #2 2010

Bumping for more!
    Married ~ 2004
    DS #1 2007
    DS #2 2010

LexyLou Guest

With our daughter it wasn't too exciting. I just POAS and when the line came up and couldn't believe it so I asked him if he saw the line.

We were pretty timid about it since we had just had a miscarriage 3 months prior and really couldn't believe we would get pregnant on the first try after. We waited 3 more days and I POAS again and it was super dark. That's when we got excited.

With the first baby (miscarriage) I was in London for work when I found out. I lied to DH and told him that I got my period and had to wait an entire week to tell him. I didn't want to tell him over the phone.

His favorite soccer team is Manchester United, so I bought him a jersey and then a baby jersey.

When I got home I told him I had some presents. He was kind of expecting the jersey. So I told him to close his eyes and handed him the jersey. He pretended to be surprised and was super happy. Then I told him to close his eyes again, and then I handed him the baby jersey. He was super excited but didn't get it at all. Totally thought I just decided to get it for our future child since I was in England.

Then I told him to close his eyes again and I handed him the positive HPT (in a baggie). He looked down, stared at it for a second, processed it and started crying.

It was awesome.

I wish I could tell Ella that was her story because it was a really awesome way to tell DH. I wanted to try to make the announcement I was pregnant again special but I was just to excited and nervous when I say the line on the HPT. I was to afraid to keep it to myself and then have a miscarriage. Luckily, I didn't have a miscarriage and our DD is 9 months old.

These are all great stories:
    Here are mine:
    DH was with me when we took the test so he knew right away
    we found out that I was pregnant with DS about three weeks before Christmas. We purchased "chicken soup for the grandparentís soul" and wrapped it up for both of our parents to open at Christmas. We saw my IL's first and they didn't really get it at first and then finally said "is this for us or for Grandma" we replied that you are the grandparent they were super excited. When we got to my parents I couldn't wait until after we ate and opened some presents so I gave it to them as soon as we walked into the house. My mom got it right away and screamed and then my sisters screamed and then my dad said "what is going on" they were all very excited.

With Baby #2(That we ended up m/c)
    For my DH I took a picture of DS in His "I am going to be a big brother shirt" and got several of them printed and plastered them all over the house for when DH got home. he was very excited and was not really expecting that news.
    I have my DS wear a shirt over to both sets of parents that said "I am going to be a big brother". It took both sets a long time to read it but they were super excited

With baby #3
    I just called DH at work and told him that I had good news. Not very exciting but I couldn't keep it a secret any longer
    we found out a bout a week before father's day. We were very hesitant about doing anything since it was so close to the m/c. We just had DS draw a picture for both sets of grandpa's. On it I wrote: Happy Fathers day Love DS PS My daddy said that his boys can swim."
    It took the grandpa's a few to get it but they were also very excited

I came up with this idea for a friend. Not sure if she's going to use it but I might when we get preg w/ #2.

T-shirts /jerseys for all. The idea is coach and athletic team.
    Dad's says SWIM COACH
    Kid's say Dad's Name Little Swimmers and a number (i.e. for the oldest: Mike's Little Swimmers 1)
    Mom's shirt would read: Mike's Little Swimmers 2
    Nancy & David 10/12/02
    Connor Ryan born 7/15/05
    Avery Elaine born 4/2/07

I read this thread lots during our 18months of TTC. So glad to be able to post my own story.
    DH: I had a very faint test one morning but so faint I wasnt sure I believed it myself. I took another the next day and it was even darker. When Dh came out of the other bathroom he came over to hug my good morning. I pulled the test out from under my pillow(he didnt know I had POAS) and showed it to him. He was a little confused at first. He said, What does this mean? Not quite sure if he should believe it or not. I told him I was pg, and he just said, Are you sure? I told him yes, A line is a line! We hugged and then it hit me. I started shaking and crying. That afternoon I gave him My Boys Can Swim and an I love Daddy Bib that I had put away months ago.

My parents: I called my mom as soon as DH and I got over the initial shock. It was early am and we were getting ready for work. She asked what was wrong and I told her I was pg. She screamed on the phone.
    My dad was out of town so I called him later during the day and told him. I could hear his smile over the phone. He was so excited. And just said I told you it would happen.

IL's: They were coming to visit the day we found out. We went to a fundraiser piano concert with my family and his. When we got home we had wrapped a frame that said Baby ..Last Name.. Due to Arrive December 2006. FIL didnt get it at first. MIL hugged me and squealed. FIL asked what was going on. They were very excited.

The next day we went over to my parents house to tell my sibs. I took another frame for my parents even though they already knew. And a Pregnant Barbie for my 6yr old sis. She opened it and then we told my bro, fsil, and other sis. They were all excited.

I am 16w4d now. It has been baby this and baby that every since.
    Especially with the 6yr old. She is going to our BIG US with us in less than 2weeks.
    Last edited by marteneym; 07-06-2006 at 01:46 PM.

marteneym ~ Congratulations! Are you going to find out the gender?
    Married ~ 2004
    DS #1 2007
    DS #2 2010

I went to the paint store and got a couple of paint samples. When DH got home, I showed them to him and asked him which one he liked better. "For what?" he asked. "For the nursery."

At first, he thought I was just planning WAY ahead (like I always do). Then he saw me smiling, and he got the picture.

we werent TTC so when i went in for my yearly physical i was really shocked to find out i was pg. i cried not cos i was unhappy - it was just the shock of the news and i had no idea what to say or do. i found out around 3pm and i just couldnt bring myself to tell dh. he has a class that night so was gone for a while. when he got home i told him i had to run an errand cos i just could not bring myself to tell. i thought maybe i could find a card so i went to books a million and i found this book that says 'So you're going to be a Daddy!' it was perfect! i got him 2 cards as well.

when we got to bed i told him i had a 'just because' gift for him. he opened up a card first and then the gift. when he saw the book he got a little smile on his face and said ' is this a joke cos if it is isnt a nice one!' when i started to cry he knew it was true. it was pretty cool. we stayed up til about 2am talking about the whole thing.
    Last edited by shaqangel; 07-10-2006 at 06:28 AM.
    v&j: jan 2004
    ds: 5 june 2006
    dd: 1 may 2009

Catlover Thank you! Yes we are. We have an US a week from today. We are very excited.