Quantcast
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oregonians

I Live In Eugene And I Have For All My Life Except For The Two Years After High School.

Oregon Is Such A Beautiful Place To Live :d

Hi! Another Oregonian here. I live in SW Portland and work in Hillsboro. Nodding with all of you -- Oregon is a great and fantastic place to live! Such gorgeous scenery, still plenty to do, and more or less affordable too.

So many transplants here! We are also relatively fresh transplants from the East Coast -- Boston. Luckily, we both really love it out here.

Michelle! -- Fun to run into you here! This is Tina from the old book group. We are still meeting these days.. though it's much less about books and more just chatty. Anyways, the Wallowas are so beautiful.. i can't wait to get out there. Last summer we got out as far as John Days National monument which was so unique too.

Hi, Tina!
    I'm glad the book group is still going strong. I still miss it - even though I left after only three months. It doesn't look like I'm going to make it back to Portland anytime soon - DH and I just started new jobs here, and assuming all goes well with these jobs, we're going to start looking for a house next spring. I never would have believed it, but I think we're here for awhile!

If you come to this part of the state, please let me know! We'd love to have you guys stay with us - do you still have my email address?
    m & r 08.09.03
    miranda 10.30.06
    evan 05.04.10

Thanks, Michelle Would definitely let you know if we are out your way! You should let us know too if you ever visit back here! We could hold an honorary meeting for you :P

Is anyone else sick of this hot weather yet? When I moved to Portland, everyone told me that we didn't need to get an AC. While that's true mostly, days like this are such a killer. My dogs and all their fur hate it too!

Pendleton is BAKING. And we don't have AC. It was 106 according to the bank (which may be a bit high, but STILL).

We're practically the only people here without AC. I still feel kind of stubborn after living in Portland. REAL oregonians don't use AC or umbrellas.
    m & r 08.09.03
    miranda 10.30.06
    evan 05.04.10

Default Oregonians

Any other Oregonians around here?

I'm in Portland, and am a true Oregonian (don't use an umbrella). : )
    ad astra per aspera
    starbound through tribulation

I'm not an Oregonian but my husband and I are contemplating moving there. We recently had a baby and are looking for a nice are to raise a family. He works from home so we could pretty much go anywhere... which actually makes it a hard decision. I wanted to ask you gals what areas near Portland are good for families (good schools, etc). I don't want to be too far away from the city for convenience factors plus my husband travels for work so we need to be somewhat close to the airport. Transplants, what do you love about Oregon??

Thanks in advance!

Another Oregonian here! I live in Tualatin. I am a full-time student and mother. DH works in Hillsboro.

I've lived in Oregon for about 18 years now. Originally from Florida, then Alaska. DH has lived in Oregon for about 21 years. He is originally from Washington.

I love it here in Oregon. Getting to experience ALL the seasons is great. DH is anxious to move to Florida though. I made the mistake of taking him there for a visit when my parents moved back down there a few years ago and he just fell in love with it. So, who knows, when I'm done with school, we may end up moving down there.

summerbaby - Oregon truly is a great place to live. If you want to live in a suberb of Portland, Tualatin is great. My DD goes one of the best schools! The community is very nice. And you are only 20 minutes from downtown Portland and 35 minutes from the airport!

Slightly farther out are Sherwood and Newberg which are both great communities as well.

Another Portlander here. I'm a Roseburg-born, Corvallis-schooled Portlander. I've lived in Alaska, Florida & Washington and hope to remain an Oregonian for life. My husband and I live in SW Portland (not in a suburb, but in actual Portland), work at OHSU and are in the process of waiting on medical school interview requests.

I love Portland, and have a question ... would any of you like to make a new Portland girlfriend? I have hardly any friends here in town ... and am embrassed to say so ... but am "new" (16 months) to Portland and work full-time and have a hard time making friends. *whines* Wanna be friends with me?
    ad astra per aspera
    starbound through tribulation

Another Oregonian here. I adore Oregon and never want to move. I was born in California but have lived in Oregon for the past 20 or so years. DH has lived here most of his life too. We both love it. It's just such a pretty place to live with the mountains, the rivers, the ocean all so easily accesible.

I agree with steph about Tualatin/Sherwood/Newberg. They are all nice communities. DH and I are actually saving up to move to Sherwood someday. It's a very nice town and it continues to grow. It is a bit on the high side as far as price so we're building more equity in our current home before we move. Hopefully in the next year or two!
    Shanna and Jose ~ October 1, 1994