Quantcast

Default WW Question - Winning Points Program

My friend did Weight Watchers several years ago (as did I) when they were doing the Winning Points program (prior to Flex Points & whatever their most current plan is). Now she wants to start following the program again (on her own - not going to meetings), but she asked me a question about banking points from that old Winning Points program & I couldn't remember for sure how it worked. I figure there's got to be some WW experts around here who can help, though!

Her question is "what is the maximum # of points you can bank in one week?"

If I remember correctly, with Winning Points you had a certain point range that you had to eat each day (let's say 18-23, for example). You had to eat at least the minimum of your point range (i.e. 18, in this case), & were not supposed to eat more than your maximum (23). However, if you didn't eat the maximum # of points in a given day, then you could bank/save the points you didn't eat & use them later in the week. So if you only eat 18 points a day, that means you can bank the other 5 points/day. And if you do that all week long, basically you can bank up to a maximum of 35 points/week (which must be eaten within the week they were banked, cannot carry over to following week).

Am I remembering this correctly? Or is there some maximum # of banked points that I'm forgetting about?

TIA for the help!
    Sarah Journaling on LJ now - send me a PM if you want to be added to my friends list!

I only do WW online and joined just a few months before they switched over to Flex. For the most part, though, I still follow the rules of Winning Points.

Your description of banking points per day is dead on. On top of that, you could bank your activity points for the day (On Flex you must use them the day you get them.) You could get a max of 4 activity points per day, so technically you could bank 9 points per day.

But to USE you banked points, you could only use 10 banked points per day. So with the point range described, the maximum points per day would be 23 + 10 + 4 (if you exercised those points) = 37 points. I know that's more than you asked for, but it's important to note. That is very different than the way Flex works.

Hope that helps!

~ Kay
    K+T: 7/9/05
    Baby R: 1/25/08

Thanks so much for the info, SweetRed! I do remember now about that maximum # of banked points you could eat in a day (10). And I totally forgot about the activity points. I knew there was something I was missing!

Thanks again!
    Sarah Journaling on LJ now - send me a PM if you want to be added to my friends list!

bump
    There is no value in life except what you choose to place upon it and no happiness in any place except what you bring to it yourself. - Thoreau