Quantcast
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

We're getting a wooden one this weekend hopefully. It's DD's birthday present but the weather is killing us!!

Here's the one we're planning to get. The place down the road has last year's model on clearance for $600 (so long as we pick it up as is). As long as it's still there Saturday, it'll be ours.

http://www.playnation.com/ss-passage.html

DH is a bit of a snob and has decided if it's not a Rainbow it's going to be crappy and falling apart within a couple of years and not worth it. We can't spend $1200 on a set.
    Too funny. After my DH did research, this was his conclusion too.

We bought a used Rainbow set on Craigslist. Hubby is working on sanding and staining it so it looks new again. Can't beat the price though.

a small drinking island with a fishing problem

Bumping

We're planning on buying a swing set for the kids for Christmas. What's everyone buying these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chloe 8/2010 Oliver 7/2012
    At the beach life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.
    We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.

Drive to CT and you can have ours for $500. Total waste of money for us.

a small drinking island with a fishing problem

What do you have? What don't they like it??
    Chloe 8/2010 Oliver 7/2012
    At the beach life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.
    We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.

I think it's a Rainbow. We bought the model for like $1400 a couple years back. They just are not outside kids. I count off dollars every time anyone plays on it! It needs to be cleaned up and stained-I am selling it as is.

Ours came with our house. It says "Backyard Adventures" on it. I know nothing about swing set brands. It has a double teeter totter swing thing, two regular swings, a tire swing, a rope ladder, climbing wall, and slide. The top part is kind of like a covered play house. My boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. They play on it just about every day. Our neighbor twins are 6.5 and they also play on it a lot. If your kids like to play outside, I'd say you will get your money's worth. We desperately need to stain ours though. It takes a beating in the sun here.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

We have this one from Walmart, and I'm SO GLAD that I didn't buy one of the super pricey ones. I refused to pay over $500 because I just didn't know if my kids would use it. I tried Craigslist first, but it seemed like people wanted minimum $500 for old used ones, which seemed absolutely insane when I could get a new one for less than $500!!

I was really worried about durability and hoped I wouldn't regret cheaping out. But it's been SO great! The kids do like it and play on it, their friends love it, and it has held up beautifully.

We did buy an extra swing thing- I can't find it now, but it's the kind where two kids sit on it back to back and use their legs to sort of row it? It's a big hit. We put it where that monkey bar swing thing in the middle is supposed to go.

taffers. I think it's called a tandem swing? I wanted to get one and DH said no.

We just have 2 swings a trapeeze bar and slide - dh made it so no kit. They play on it a lot though, I think we need to add another swing!