Quantcast
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Thread: Running Thread?

Your compression leggings may be too small, preventing optimal air circulation. I have one pair that I have trouble with after a long run. I've noticed that they are a bit snugger than all my others. Make sure you change out of compressions as soon as you possibly can. They are not designed for excellent air circulation so it takes a bit longer for them to dry out. Also, invest in a stick of Body Glide. It is a lifesaver!
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Were you wearing breathable underwear? That might help.

Thanks for the tips. Any recommendations for brands of underwear? Mine aren't cotton but they're definitely not "performance" underwear.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Sorry Diam I don't have any tips. I wear cotton. or in the heat, the shorts with the integrated undies.

Anyway, blowing the dust off this thread. 2015 was definitely the year of running. I started back with a vengeance and DH really started running. I mean he would run the occasional 5k, but nothing since I got pregnant and nothing longer than a 5k. But this year he trained for a10k and then went on the complete a half marathon.

In 2015, I completed three half marathons, one ten miler, one 15k, one 10k, and two 5ks. In 2016 I have a 15k in January and a half marathon in March. I'll probably do a 10k in July and at least one half in the autumn, maybe more.

Having both of us training made juggling child care a bit hard. We ran at 5am, at lunch at late at night (with reflective vests) to make it work. But honestly, I think it has made me a better runner. No blowing off my run all day or saying I'll make it up later. I have an agreed schedule with DH and he with me, and we pretty much have to stick with it.

Here's to many happy and healthy miles in 2016 for all of us!

2015 ended up not being the year I thought it would be. I ended up with 438 miles, only 38 miles more than I ran last year, with almost the same # of runs. But much more of my runs were at 5 am, in the dark, so weren't the most productive miles.

December 10th ended up being my last run this year - I felt like I was coming down with a cold so wanted to rest for the holidays. And I kept on resting I enjoyed staying up until 11:30 and enjoyed my sleep. But I need to get back out there!

Much less of my miles were long runs on the weekends. I did train for a 1/2 in May and ended up doing 13.1 on my own the weekend after my dad died and then running the 5 mile race instead of the 1/2. I signed up for the 5 miler again this year. I do not intend to run any 1/2s this year. I really, really enjoyed training for my first one - I loved hitting the new distance every weekend. Training for the 2nd one wasn't as fun without those milestones (and we had snow on the ground until mid-April and my long runs were stressed by knowing I would go visit my dad when it was done).

My weekday runs were with my running group, but I felt like I was in no-man's land. A bunch of new people started in the spring, but they were slower than me, and then there is a pretty big jump from 12 minute milers to 9:30 milers and I am about a 10-11:30 depending on the distance.

I am not sure what 2016 will bring. I don't want to say a # of miles. I would like to get more runs in, do more hill work, try some track work. I've signed up for several races (including 1 tomorrow - I signed up for the 10K but will drop down to the 5K since I haven't run in 3 weeks and my daughter will be waiting for me). I definitely want to race more - anything from 5K to 8 miles.

I am excited for 2016 - not sure what it will mean, but anything has to be better than 2015!
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

It sounds like you both had productive years. Good job!!
    I hit all my goals for the year but I haven't decided on my 2016 goals yet. I actually think this year my goal is going to be to incorporate more yoga into my training.
    In 2015 I ran 5 half marathons, 2 ten milers, 5 10ks, 4 8ks and no idea how many 5ks. I ran 183 days last year but haven't tallied my miles yet.
    So far I'm signed up for a half in March and one in April. Also one in Oct and one in Nov. There's a 10 miler on Valentine's Day that I'm considering but I did a 10k that weekend last year and it was so bitter cold it was painful. So that may be a game time decision. I'm sure there will be several other runs through the year but that's all that's planned so far.
    I kept up my run calendar for motivation. I already have 2016 up and ready to go!

Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Good job everybody! 2015 was a year of ups and downs as far as running was concerned. I ran 557.23 miles total, meeting my 500 goal for the year. Luckily, most of those miles were over the summer because I've been plagued with injuries all fall. I ran my first half marathon in October, but ran/walked the last three miles due to an injury. Surprisingly, I also ran a sub-30 5k. I'm not sure what 2016 will bring. I've been having hip pain so I'm going to run a 1-mile race today and then spend several weeks resting my hip and see if that helps.
    I'm surrounded by boys!
    DH 6/29/02 ~ DS1 3/2/06 ~ DS2 10/15/09