Quantcast
Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Thread?

Default Running Thread?

Anybody up for a running thread? Not that I consider myself a runner - or even a jogger - more like a walker posing as a runner / jogger

Just thought I'd see if there is anybody else interested out there. I entered the lotter for the NYC Marathon but didn't get in - so looking for new motivation

Just wanted to get this started if anyone is interested ...

I would be interested. I normally run at the gym, but since I hurt my lower back last year I do intervals or running and walking, intitally it was to get back into the groove and now I just really enjoy the change of pace every so many minutes plus they say it is good for you too.

I think I could and would like the motivation.

Married :: 6.14.03 * Mommy :: 6.25.06 * Mommy2 :: 9.4.08 * Mommyhood

I should admit - I'm not here enough - or enough of a runner - to sustain the thread - but I'm happy to post

I currently run with a running group on Saturday mornings - we did about 7 miles this weekend. I'll probably try and stick it out through the Half-Marathon in September but not too sure after that.

I have already done two marathons (one slowly, the other VERY slowly ) - and not sure I want to do another.

You?

Anyone else?
    Robyn & Scott - August 29, 2004
    * SM - July 17, 2007 *
    * BH - APRIL 14, 2010 *

Hi there,
    Another runner here (have you noticed that so many lawyers are?). I was actually a 400m runner in high school and college, took up distance after graduating, and ran the NYC Marathon twice in 98 and 2000. Since then I've done a bunch of road races, but this winter I was a major slacker. I need to get back into regular running but my commute doesn't leave much time for it. I did get to run in the Corporate Challenge last week - did anyone else?

Kris - maybe it's the type A personalities - what do you think?

No corporate challenge for me. Isn't NYC the greatest race in the world? Not sure if I will ever do another one - but what an amazing experience that was! (despite the fact that I was completely sick to my stomach)
    * SM - July 17, 2007 *
    * BH - APRIL 14, 2010 *

Runner here! I'm not a lawyer though... hope I can still be a part of the group

I'm a treadmill runner, I've never been motivated to move outdoors. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I like running and watching TV at the same time!? I usually run every other day for an hour. I'm up to 6.4 miles in that time, so I think I'm doing pretty good! The "other days" I usually hop on the Arc Trainer. That's a nice little machine! Now if I could only get motivated to lift some weights!
    Tracie & Token: May 15, 2004

Hi Tracie (I think I recognize you from the May 2004 Brides thread) That's a great routine you've got going- especially on a treadmill. I've always had a very small, fast stride, so I always feel like I'm running much faster than the treadmill tells me (which is why I can't run on them).

Robyn Yes- it's seriously one of the best things I've ever done. To run through all the neighborhoods in Brooklyn, giving high fives to hundreds of kids yelling your name out (because it's on your T-shirt) - just amazing. You guys are totally making me want to get out and go for run; if only it wasn't 85 and 99% humidity...

Hi! Another runner here! I'm not an attorney, but I'm considering law school -- is that close enough?

I've really only been running about a year and a half, but I got the bug bad. I just completed my first half-marathon earlier this month, but I raced a lot of local 5Ks and 10Ks last year and plan to do the same this year. I'm also aiming to improve my time in the Detroit half marathon in October, so I'm definitely in need of motivation and support! My biggest problem is consistency -- just getting out there on a regular basis. I'm fine once I'm going, it's trying to fit it in to the rest of my schedule sometimes.... I try to run 4-5 days a week, around 20 miles per week, but I'll be starting a training plan for the half soon that will kick that up a bit.

Happy running!
    A & E -- 9/29/2001

Allirel - sounds like you have a great schedule. I run - this is so pathetic - once a week. I do it b/c it's social - and b/c I feel better about myself getting up and going on a Saturday morning - but by no means do I love to run.

I *do* however love the feeling of accomplishment when I am done

Good luck with your half-marathon training - next thing you know, you'll be doing marathons left and right
    * SM - July 17, 2007 *
    * BH - APRIL 14, 2010 *

RobynScott -- There's absolutely nothing pathetic about running once a week! Before I became obsessed I thought running more than a mile was some kind of torture. There are still days when that first half mile feels like a death march, but after that ... ah, I love the feeling. And you're right, the feeling of accomplishment makes it all worthwhile.

It's great that you have a group to run with! There are definitely times I wish I had a running group. That would probably help with my consistency! The couple of times I've done a group long run, it has definitely made the time pass faster, and I learned a lot from those hardcore marathoners!

I'm not so sure about a full marathon... but then again, a year ago I would never have dreamed I could do a half, so you never know... At least my husband can get a good round of disc golf in while waiting to see me at the finish of some of these longer races. That's his reward for being my support system.

Okay, I ramble too much.
    A & E -- 9/29/2001