Quantcast

Default Landlord from Hell!!!!

I just got off the phone w/ DH and need to vent for a second.....

I got a phone call from the landlord 2 weeks ago and tells me he has some issues that he is going to send us a letter about this week....

Issue 1: The rent has never been paid on time.... The rent is due on the fifth. I know that those envelopes are post dated w/ the first or prior.... Shannon's uncle sends out the next months rent in middle of the previous month. When I told him he says.... "Well, I prefer it on the first, even though the lease says the fifth."

Issue 2. The dog. When my husband filled out the application for the house he stated that he has a dog and that it weighs btn 15-40 lbs because that was all it asked, it didn't ask for breed. They made a visit 1 month and a half before the lease is up to tell us that our Golden Retriever is too big and not an approved dog. We had to get rid of her or face eviction!!

Issue 3. I seriously don't get this. I know that we moved in mid November, and signed a one year lease. I thought that meant our lease is up on October 31st. The landlord just told us that it means we need to be out by October 1st!!!!

Issue: The bushes. In the lease it states that we are responsible for the lawn. Before my DH signed it he asked what they meant by lawn, and they told him that he just needs to worry about mowing it. We called about the bushes that were becoming overgrown back in February and they told us to go ahead and trim them for winter. So we cut them back and they didn't grow back that well. Now the landlord wants us to replace them!!!

I am so fed up with this guy!!! They refuse to fix anything and they tell us that they cut the cost of supplies we have to buy to repair off the rent if we provide the receipts and now he is trying to saying that we owe him $300 back rent!!!! That is the total amount of all the crap we had to buy over the last 10 months jerk!!! We sent in the receipts. Now he wants us to provide the proof of those purchases!!! I have the sink sitting in your bathroom! How about that for proof!

I am so glad that we are almost out of there!!!
    MY PERFECT BABY BOY IS HERE!!!
    So Little Time But So Worth It!

That really sucks. I'm sure that if you wanted to press the issue you could take him to court over all the issues.

We got really lucky with our landlord. We are from NC but finishing up one year of school in FL. We were in an apartment for a year but this past May decided to move into a house. We looked all over for months until we found our house. When we first met our landlords I was pretty nervous about how they were going to be. They ended up being so wonderful. When we moved in our lab puppy was only 6 months. We we nervous they wouldn't be okay about a dog....they loved her! They come over just to play with her. They also didn't care that we painted the house or pretty much anything we wanted to do.

There are some things that drive me crazy though. They bought the house and turned it right into a rental house. We are their first tenants. The lady they bought it from had a thing for horses (those ugly little plastic ones) and they are all in the flower beds out front and on the side yard. Our landlords said they would remove them but months later they are still there....UGH. They are so ugly!
    Courtney ~~LJ~~
    Don't ask the locals for directions, they already lost one colony!

Yeah... We had the tackiest birdhouse drapes in our kitchen when we moved. They do no up keep. It was my husbands first... When I moved in I asked, "What are all these holes in the wall???" They were left over from the past 3 familes putting up drapes and pictures. We have spots of paint patched up from water damage in the bathroom that they never repainted. They put absolutely no maintenance into this place. I atleast wish DH would have atleast taken pictures before he moved in.... I have a feeling that they are going to put it on us and refuse our deposit back ($700).

I love the apartment we are moving into soon!! I just want to get the heck out of where we are at now!!! She is even going to let us put a shed on the outskirts of the property so my DH can play drums!!! How cool is that!
    MY PERFECT BABY BOY IS HERE!!!
    So Little Time But So Worth It!

OMG! What a horrible situation! I'm glad you'll be moving soon. It's difficult to deal w/ private owners. Fi and I rented a house w/ three other people (we just moved into our own apartment in July - thank goodness!) I was constantly worried about the little things...we ended up receiving most of our deposit back, but there were some questionable things they charged us for. Oh well.

I hope everything works out for you!