Quantcast
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I ccnfess....

Default I ccnfess....

I miss coming here and seeing lots of activity. Due to shyness I was never an active poster, but I loved coming here....

Yeah, it's a shame, isn't it?

Where did everyone go? I miss it too.

KAF- I agree...I didn't post a ton but I always read along and learned so much from this group. I took a little break for awhile (from all social media) and when I returned it was a ghost town. Did everyone go somewhere else??
    Baby Boy 1- 2008
    Baby Boy 2- 2011!

I found this message board something like 15+ years ago, after migrating over from the Wedding Channel. I was never a super-active poster, but I always loved reading the threads here, too. I think it's like anything, though...we all have gotten older and lives have changed and interests are different. We're no longer a bunch of women starting out with marriages and young families, thirsty for silly drama over swingerwife or whatnot. But I am also a little sad when I pop by and almost nothing has happened for months...

Just the other day I was recalling a video someone had put together of clips of Hugh Jackman set to "Bootylicious" - it's a memory from a time in my life that pre-dates the existence of YouTube, and I couldn't for the life of me remember where I had seen it. It must have been on a message board like this, maybe even Constant Chatter...today I would find something like that on Facebook. Maybe that's where everyone has gone.

Almost everyone was invited to join a site founded by a member who used to post here. Those of us who are left were not active enough posters to have received the invite.

Oh what a bummer. I was a pretty active poster, but I guess I missed the cut.
    I thought everyone was taking the summer off. Sad they won't be returning.
    "And as cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round;
    If your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine
    Thank you for your time...Here's to life!"
    - Mekong

Hey - coming back to try and pop in. I don't think there was a concerted effort to leave ... but perhaps a realization of just how open this place is to anyone we don't know - and I don't mean posters - I mean lurkers. And not those of us who read and didn't post (I certainly did that often enough) - but people that just found this place by accident. If you're friends with anyone on FB, just reach out - I really think how it's grew - people that "knew" each other.

I miss this place too!
    Robyn & Scott - August 29, 2004
    * SM - July 17, 2007 *
    * BH - APRIL 14, 2010 *

Well, I'm not on FB so that lets me out. Perhaps someone would be willing to PM me with the new location...
    "And as cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round;
    If your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine
    Thank you for your time...Here's to life!"
    - Mekong

I've been a member for years, but a shy inactive poster. I learned so much from this group. My kids are a little younger than the average around here, but I found invaluable insight when we started going through various life stages, but never felt like I had as much to contribute since I was a little behind the trend. Feeling a little irritated with myself for not pushing my own comfort level and contributing more when I had the chance. Such great conversation/recommendations/problem-solving. Archives are great, but the current commentary is the real fun.