Quantcast
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: S-Corp Drama

Cr8zy whatever else you do you should have an individual account as well just in case. I talk to women all the time who were blind sided by their husbands and were temporarily left penniless when he closed their joint account. Eventually of course there will be court orders etc. but initially some of them couldn't even get a lawyer because they had no way to pay the retainer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with dragon, you really need your own account. Just because your DH has taken control of your finances doesn't mean that the two of you can't agree to your having money of your own.

Do you want him to take over the finances in your home? It sounds like he's made some poor decisions, so I don't know if I'd feel that comfortable with him being in charge, if I was in your shoes.

I'm a big fan of wives having their own reserve of money. If something happens to my husband and for some reason our joint accounts get frozen, I feel better knowing that I can cover expenses for quite a while.

I think it's great that you're going to see a therapist. Do you think your girls need to talk to someone, also?

It seems like what she's saying is that she's including him in regular updates of the finances. In a fragile situation I can see where it would be difficult to set money aside for yourself. It doesn't mean you shouldn't if the opportunity presents itself, but I can understand how it can be challenging.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09