Quantcast
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default What's Everyone Reading? 2017

Decided to start a new one for the new year. I read The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson over the holiday. Highly recommend. It had hype comparing it to Gone Girl. I must say that this one lived up to the hype. It was really disturbing in a good page turning way.

I also read Megyn Kelly's book Settle for More. I was a little disappointed in that one. Parts of it were really good, but there were other parts where I wanted her to be more real, and she was a little superficial.

Emily Maynard (Bachelorette) I Said Yes was a decent read if you are a fan of the show. I much preferred this one to Andi's book.

Lastly, I just finished Laura Lippman's What the Dead Know. That was a decent psychological thriller too. It fell a little flat since I had just finished The Kind Worth Killing and that one was stuck in my head, but I would still recommend it.

I just started on The Lost Girls by Heather Young. Pretty good so far. It was on a lot of the hot books lists that came out at the end of the year.

I finished the third Outlander book (Voyager) yesterday and downloaded the fourth from the library. So I'll be busy with those for a while...

I am also listening to Lauren Graham's book.

littlebear, I liked The Kind Worth Killing, too. It was pretty different from most thrillers.

I have The Water Knife on my nightstand and The Handmaid's Tale waiting for me at the library. I have been waiting for Lauren Graham's book forever.I hope I can get my reading back on track. I need more reading in my life and less CNN and Twitter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leslie - did you see that Alexis Bledel has a role in the Hulu production of The Handmaid's Tale?

Yes! That is what provoked me to request it. I had it on my to read list, but I probably never would have gotten around to it so soon.

I just read City of Thieves, yet another WWII novel. It with a twist as it's set in Russia. It's a bout two young Russian men thrown together with an impossible mission to achieve in exchange for not being executed by the St Petersburg police. I enjoyed it but tbh I had a hard time remembering who was good and bad between the Russians and Germans!

Now I'm reading City of Mirrors. Similar title but couldn't be more different t. It's the third in a series of a post apocalyptic world ravaged by monster vampire types. Sounds ridiculous but it's pretty good. It's being made into a tv series.

Oh thank goodness! I am finished with City of Mirrors. It was such a good series but I've invested SO much time and I'm glad to be finished. I feel satisfied with the ending but at the same time, wanting more. I can't wait for the TV series! I get so obsessed with reading/listening and I've waste the last 2 days. Time to get back to life!

We leave for Hawaii on Friday and I plan to read Fates and Furies.

I just finished My Boyfriend Wrote a Book About Me by Hilary Winston. It made me LOL a few times, very much enjoyed it. I'm working on loading up my kindle right now for our cruise next week.
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11

I just finished Fates and Furies. Wow. Really good book. The main character was something else.

My niece loved that book, too. I hated it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk