Quantcast
Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast

This has to be a big nail in the coffin day, right??

Also, my mom confirmed for me this week that my dad "is obsessed with that man. He loves him" ugh

I love how Trump is blaming Democrats. He is so dumb. The Rs own this now. They had 8 years to come up with a better plan and they didn't. The other thing is that this was one of his campaign promises and he is acting like this was something he was not really apart of. If it had passed, he would have been taking all of the credit. And then you hear the R talking points from every R rep, "The president did a great job." That party is one huge mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Republicans controlled the House, the Senate and the Presidency and couldn't pass their signature legislation. Brace yourselves everyone, this is not a good sign for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Tree View Post
    The Republicans controlled the House, the Senate and the Presidency and couldn't pass their signature legislation. Brace yourselves everyone, this is not a good sign for the future.
    But wasn't it maybe just because this bill was so horrific that even republicans couldn't get behind it?

Maybe in some cases, but the freedom caucus (tea party) wanted more cut and that is why they didn't get on board.

And that's why I laugh when people think there should be more than one party. A third party with a different MO can tank everything from an election to a bill. In this case, it was a good thing. Personally, I hope none of Trump's agenda gets through. At this point, the Democratic leaders should start working on their own bills to fix what's broken with ACA. I think if they can solve the cost issue, that will go a long way to making Americans happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Tree View Post
    I'm sorry I'm naive, but can you elaborate? I wish I understood politics more, but I don't. So I need everything spelled out for me!
    Last edited by MrsBeckyLP; 03-25-2017 at 07:13 AM.

I agree, leslie. Dems should definitely be prepared with fixes to ACA so they are prepared when an opportunity presents itself. I think cost cutting measures would go a long way toward public opinion of the program.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeckyLP View Post
    I'm sorry I'm naive, but can you elaborate? I wish I understood politics more, but I don't. So I need everything spelled out for me!
    MrsBecky, I don't understand politics either.

The ACA is an okay start but needs a lot of improvement. I wish we could have single payer here but I don't think America is ready for that. It really is the only system that works but the people have to be on board. I have hope for the millennial generation and we as parents need to make it a point to raise our kids to be more compassionate and to realize that we all need to take care of each other in order for our society to work. For example Germans or Scandinavians, who are used to this, would be horrified at the mere suggestion that preexisting conditions should be excluded, even if they are healthy. The thought of someone, anyone, suffering from diabetes or heart disease and not being able to get medical care would be unthinkable. But that is because we were raised like that, not just by our parents but by society.
    Americans, in general, don't think that way. They are conditioned to always look out for themselves and their immediate family. "Charity starts at home" etc. If taking from others means my kids will be doing better then so be it. I'm responsible for my kids and no one else's. Same with education, my kids need to be able to go to a good school, I don't care about yours. There has to be a mental shift before any real change can happen.

Default The oxygen mask will also help muffle your screams

Dragon, I find it interesting that Americans don't bat an eye at the idea of public education, though, which is the same in many ways: we all pay the same taxes in our town even if we don't have kids in the town schools, and others benefit from our tax money so that all kids can have access to the same education. Even the most conservative people around me have no trouble with this concept.

Yet try to apply it to healthcare and all hell breaks loose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skyblu; 03-25-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    J + A