Quantcast
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Random pretty picture.

They want the keep Americans uneducated, poor and sick. It's disgusting. I am packing my parachute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly_71 View Post
    This is more of a rant, so I'm sorry about that, but I am so disgusted with these republican assholes. None of them ever had to worry about something so mundane as health insurance a day in their lives but they don't blink an eye when they vote to take insurance away from millions of Americans. And this actually makes me realize why the working poor want a non politician as their president. Now obviously a vile billionaire celebrity is not the way to go either but something is definitely wrong when people are governed by those in ivory towers who have no point of reference what life is like for their constituents (despite the log cabin and hard cider BS some of them try to sell us). And what is even more aggravating to me is that these thugs don't own up to it but claim some moral high ground because they are the "Christian party" and the "party of family values." What values? And can someone point out to me anything even remotely Jesus like in what they are doing? If Jesus came back today (assuming he would follow his previous MO of being born in the Middle East) he would be a brown skinned immigrant who would probably get arrested while feeding the homeless in a city with a "no food sharing" ordinance. And they would promptly have him deported. Because we don't want mouthy freedom fighters in this country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is spot on!
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Quote Originally Posted by looch View Post
    They want the keep Americans uneducated, poor and sick. It's disgusting. I am packing my parachute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not even kidding, I was just thinking this morning that we need to get the kids passports. Just in case.

Yes, I need to find out how to get a European passport for DS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieR View Post
    Not even kidding, I was just thinking this morning that we need to get the kids passports. Just in case.
    This is a good point. I've been meaning to get one for 3.5 yo DD just in case we get a short notice travel deal or something. But I hadn't thought about it from this perspective. Now absolutely nothing seems out of the realm of possibility for a family to want to leave the country quickly--war, government shutdown, DT putting a ban on foreign travel for no apparent reason, government layoffs causing even longer passport delays, or sheer embarrassment.

I just texted DH we need to start the process.

Our kids have passports, but DH reminded me the other day that ours expire this year. Need to get on that.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    Our kids have passports, but DH reminded me the other day that ours expire this year. Need to get on that.
    Crap - thank you for reminding me! Need to get on that too! We just got the kids 2 years ago and DH recently got his, but mine expires this year.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

We all have passports, although mine expires this year so it needs renewal. I am INCREDIBLY grateful for my dual US/UK citizenship and (currently, although that may change - no thanks to Brexit). DH and DD do not have that, but it is possible that if I were able to secure employment (as a UK citizen), they could at least obtain legal resident status in Europe.

Default The oxygen mask will also help muffle your screams

And then what, where are you all going and how are you going to stay?

I mean this not specifically, but what is the plan if it gets bad, like we begin seeing a religion registry?

My main concern is that if my son gets ill. He can not be denied care as a Swiss citizen. If ACA is repealed, he is diagnosed with cancer and we are unable to be insured in the US, we are on a plane. No question.

Everything else, I am kind of in wait and see mode.
    Last edited by looch; 01-13-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?