Quantcast

Thread: Niagra Falls

Default Niagra Falls

Help me plan a spring break trip - we are road tripping to Niagra Falls. Where to stay, must dos, must sees. We will be going to both the US and Canadian side. Does my mom need a passport?
    A&K 05.18.02
    Baby Girl 09.06.05... Angel Baby Oct 2007... Baby Girl 10.21.08
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

We went to Niagara Falls this summer and it was a great trip! Yes- your mom will need a passport. The only exception is children under the age of 16 just need a birth certificate if driving over the border. If you fly into Canada, then everyone needs a passport. I will come back when I am on my computer to post more about where we stayed and what we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, either a passport or an enhanced driver's license.

I think the better options for hotels are on the Canadian side. We went over 10 years ago and stayed, I think at the Hilton. The pool has a slide - great fun for kids! Yes- I googled it,it has a spiral slide.

How long are you going for? Are you wanting to do all the touristy sort of stuff?

I think 3 nights. Yes to all the tourist stuff. My friend mentioned the Hornblower boat is a must, journey behind the falls was ok, bird kingdom and a butterfly conservatory was two thumbs up. And something about Goat Island via a rainbow bridge.

A&K 05.18.02

Reading along! DH keeps talking about going, but we never have. Spring Break is a good idea! Ours ends on Easter this year, so prices are going to be ridiculous to fly anywhere.

I loved Journey Behind the Falls. If you stay for the fireworks show, be forewarned that it's not a very long show. We only went to the US side. The town itself was blech - chain restaurants, a mini golf course.

The Canadian side is so much better!! And the Canadian dollar is so low right now it's really cheap to go I wouldn't even stay on the US side I would just spend the whole vacation on the Canadian side. You do need a passport to cross the border, even kids.

Sorry, my mistake - kids under the age of 16 crossing by land can use a birth certificate. Everyone else needs either a passport, passport card or enhanced driver's license.

The journey behind the falls is really fun. There are just a tonne of things to do - haunted houses, mini golf, indoor water park etc.. There's a really nice provincial park nearby too.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieR View Post
    Reading along! DH keeps talking about going, but we never have. Spring Break is a good idea! Ours ends on Easter this year, so prices are going to be ridiculous to fly anywhere.
    I don't know when your spring break is, but things for our time frame (the week of April 11) are booking up fast. I though wrong in assuming I was ahead of the curve.

A&K 05.18.02