Quantcast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm going to take her to the clinic after camp to see about a rescue inhaler. Everything is cleaned and vacuumed. Fingers crossed it works. Needless to say there won't be a lot of sleeping tonight.

I hope it goes better for her tonight!

This made me remember that I realized I was acrylic when I visited my parents at Christmas time. I put on a sweater and it smelled dusty to me and I felt wheezy. We discovered pretty quickly it was acrylic and then it clicked - anytime I spent the night ( I was college and) I'd wake up with a horrible headache and would feel really groggy pretty much all day. Turns out the carpet in my old bedroom was acrylic as well. I stopped going for overnights because it was so bad. Anyway - when you mentioned her stuffed animals it made me think of my acrylic allergy. Hopefully the cleaning does it for her though!

Oh, that's really scary, Pinetree! I hope she's ok tonight!
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

I hope washing everything ends up helping. Good luck tonight!!
    Betsy and Dave, married 10/18/03
    Amelia Claire 3/4/07
    Nathan Edward 3/10/10

So the doctor at the clinic suggested three possibilities - asthma (unlikely, especially since she played quiddich at camp outside in the heat and humidity and was fine), dust mite allergy (likely) or reflux! She was actually hospitalized for reflux at about 4 weeks old and was on meds until about 18 months. The doctor brought up reflux and DD was like "oh yeah, that happens to me sometimes" and I had no idea. I don't think reflux caused the wheezing though, because it didn't happen at all on vacation.

He prescribed a rescue inhaler and last night she slept with me, just as a double check (totally fine). Tonight she'll sleep in her clean room (and no doubt we'll check on her constantly).

Thanks for the support everyone, means so much!

Wow, Pine Tree, so scary. We went through something similar in March with DD2, when I ripped her out of bed and went to the ER, she was wheezing so bad. We were there about 8 hours, for a couple of breathing treatments and then she was fine. It hasn't happened since. But she does have asthma and already had an inhaler that she takes regularly. It would be really scary to not know what's causing it. I hope you can figure it out and that her clean room helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Glad to hear that you all had a good night PineTree! Hope tonight goes as smoothly.
    Married 8.5.2001
    DS 6.8.2005 DD 10.3.2007 DD 4.22.2011

I hope that is IS the allergies, but having a rescue inhaler has got to be reassuring. I just hope you never have to use it!

My ODS has asthma, it is triggered with the change in weather.(cold to hot and hot to cold) It isn't as bad now that he is older as it was when he was younger but he does still use his inhaler.

I hope that your DD is doing well with having her room super clean and that she doesn't need to use the inhaler.

PT: How is your DD doing? Anymore issues?