Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Night-time asthma?

Does anyone have a child that has night time asthma? DD just woke up with wheezing and coughing and this is the second time it has happened. We took her out of the room, wiped her face and she's doing better. I'm going to take her to the doctor tomorrow, but just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Completely freaking out right now. We were on the verge of going to the ER, but she's doing much better.

That's so stressful! The only experience we've had with it is when they've had croup. I hope the dr can give you some answers and something to help. Maybe she just needs a breathing treatment before bed?

That is so scary! I don't have any experience with asthma but could there be something in her room/bed that triggers this? Does she have new bedding, a new stuffed animal, new detergent etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ds has exercise induced asthma and it can be really scary! Weird that it is effecting your dd at night. Hope you get some answers quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Married 8.5.2001
    DS 6.8.2005 DD 10.3.2007 DD 4.22.2011

I am washing everything in her room in hot water right now, hopefully that helps. Poor DH, last night I heard DD coughing and I went in and realized she was actually wheezing and I went tearing back into the bedroom, turned the lights on high and yelled "DD is having trouble breathing" and ran out. Poor DH was sound asleep.

I gave her an allergy pill last night, washed her face and she slept with me in the master bedroom and was fine. The fact that she cleared up fairly well when we went out to the living room makes me think it's dust mites. So EVERYTHING is getting washed - pillows, stuffed animals, blankets etc... Also doing a major dusting and vacuum.

Big hugs to everyone with asthma, I never appreciated how scary it can be.

My first thought was that there was an asthma trigger in her room. My cousin's dust allergy was so severe that she was not allowed anything plushy in her room. Does your DD have dust covers on her pillows and mattress?

And hugs to you. I imagine this has to be terrifying for parents.

So sorry this is happening. In the past year, DS has had 2 asthma attacks, both at night. His comes on, from what I can tell, as a result of colds and congestion. The Dr's said he doesn't present as a typical asthmatic child based on his age and frequency. It's so scary, we now have a nebulizer and an emergency inhaler and a pulse-ox (sp?) monitor. The last episode we gave him the inhaler and it didn't seem to work so we went to the er. You're definitely doing the right thing with washing in smell-dye free detergent. The ped told us to elevate DS's bed, but that could just have been for the congestion. I now always have the inhaler if we are going somewhere that DS will be exercising or on a trip. Fingers crossed for your DD.

Pinetree - how scary! I really hope its something that can be ameliorated.

MDD gets bad coughs frequently and we've been given asthma inhalers to help. She gets bad at night. We prop her up as much as possible to help.

Hers is more triggered by her coughing (because she doesn't blow her nose well, she gets sick all the time). But, she's had activity induced asthma attacks a few times, so we're thinking she legit has asthma. I want her to get some testing done when she's healthy so we can confirm.

Hopefully you can get some answers.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12