Quantcast
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Country the stupid folders are the worst! I'd be bugged too. We have meet the teacher on Monday, I hope that doesn't happen to us.
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11

So today was the 2nd day of school and DS2 (kindy) came home with 2 things we had sent in. He said the teacher didn't' know why they were in his supply bag so sent them home. Ummm...because they were on the K supply list!

Next year I am approaching school supply shopping in a completely different way!
    Baby Boy 1- 2008
    Baby Boy 2- 2011!

I am not sending in all the supplies...if i send my son in with 4 glue sticks that are supposed to last the entire year, he'll use each one and they'll all be garbage by October. So I will send one glue stick and one box of crayons, not both. Then when he needs more glue, he can tell me and he can bring another stick.

Stop the wasting madness!
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by looch View Post
    I am not sending in all the supplies...if i send my son in with 4 glue sticks that are supposed to last the entire year, he'll use each one and they'll all be garbage by October. So I will send one glue stick and one box of crayons, not both. Then when he needs more glue, he can tell me and he can bring another stick.

Stop the wasting madness!
    At my son's school they pool the supplies and then refresh as needed. And in kindergarten they didn't even have desks. Just tables and cubbies to hold their folders and notebooks. They ask that we only label the notebooks, folders and pencil box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default School Supply 2016 Complaint thread

Diam: they asked that we label each item with the child's name. That leads me to believe they don't pool the supplies, but I could be wrong.

I really think it's to ensure that everyone has something, that some parents send nothing.

Last edited by looch; 08-06-2016 at 07:52 AM.
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by diam124 View Post
    At my son's school they pool the supplies and then refresh as needed. And in kindergarten they didn't even have desks. Just tables and cubbies to hold their folders and notebooks. They ask that we only label the notebooks, folders and pencil box.

At our elementary school, they pool supplies all the way through. DS is going into 5th grade and still won't have his own school supplies or a desk.

DS1 went through 3 backpacks in K!! One each year for grade 1 and 2, and I decided on a new one this year so that we can use his old one for sports and swimming. So both boys ended up with new backpacks and lunch bags from the Disney store for 3 and K this year.

Our K teacher specifically asked us not to label supplies since they pool and share. I don't mind. I also love that they always send supplies home at the end of the year. DS1 had the same personal whiteboard for 3 years, we got him a new one this year as it wasn't very smooth anymore. He also has the same headphones from K (the leap pad earphones!!) and they're still in perfect shape. I've never heard of a school not sending things like scissors and binders home at the end of the year!

Married 7.3.04 Henry 10.29.08 Charlie 11.19.11

I have never seen scissors come home from school! Last year DS2 brought home a small Ziploc bags with some crayons and possibly a glue stick, but that was it. DS2 brought home nothing. I do know that our school pools the supplies and I suspect that some parents don't send any or all of them in.

I bought the supplies from ptsa this year- it's the first year they have done it. They are supposed to be in a box labeled with the child's name, so I'm curios to see how that works out.

About glue sticks: they do go through them really fast, plus the tops sometimes get left off & they dry up.

Our library gave out free school supplies this year. I really didn't know exactly what they were doing, but apparently there were back packs filled with the entire supply list for their grade le el. They had tons of backpacks that were not filled with supplies, so we did go get one of those. They use back packs for the YMCA and we also used them as day packs at the camp we just attended & hikes, so imo, it never hurts to have extra pack packs!