Quantcast
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

gia I have not made elk, but with venison steaks I tend to cube them, marinate and make kabobs with them. I usually don't cook them as steaks.

With venison we marinate overnight and put on the grill or sear in a cast iron pan and finish in the oven to medium rare/medium. Elk? I imagine the same.

Can someone please direct me to the FB group? I see a number of them but which is best?

ETA: never mind! I see names I recognize on one of them.

Instant Pot Community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J + A

I had the same question as bloom. Thanks Sky!

Mine arrived yesterday, and it's currently still in the box, usually with a cat on top of said box. All I keep imagining is that Mythbusters episode where the hot water tank explodes after they took it to full pressure. At least the IP will make a smaller hole in the roof.

I'm annoyed because a ordered a 2nd instant pot on cyber Monday with Amazon prime... still not here! Supposedly it was delivered last night. Nope. So now I have to deal with that.

Thank you for the elk tips! I did steaks tonight in the cast iron skillet. They came out soooo good! It tasted just like grass fed beef, but a little more tender. I did this marinade (but just realized I forgot the minced onion, and I subbed grape seed oil): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/233606/...d=cardslot%202

Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Gia - That stinks about the delivery. Hope you get it sorted out without much hassle.

I finally opened my IP and read the directions. I was really nervous to use it the first time. I pulled my sleeves down and used oven mitts to open the lid for the first time-such a scaredy cat

I made this Applebee's copycat spinach dip recipe and it was delicious! I've never had Applebee's spinach dip so I can't compare but it was a big hit.

I made a whole chicken in my IP tonight. It came out really good. I seasoned it, added some chicken broth and cooked for 30mins. Other recipes I looked at said 6 mins per pound.

I did the test run on my IP and then made a beef stew. It was fine. I like how tender the meat was so quickly but I didn't season it enough nor did I thicken it. So, my errors. But, what I don't totally get is the whole pressure release thing.

For the stew, I sautéed the meat for a few minutes, with the lid off and stirred. Then, I reset it, put in my veggies, broth and seasoning and pressed the stew button. The beeper went off and then it started counting up and was on the keep warm setting. Ultimately, I pressed that button so it went to OFF and let it sit a few minutes. Then, DH came in and we moved the vent to "venting", let out the pressure and then served. Did I do it right or how long is the NPR and how do you know when it's done?