Quantcast

Default Cool baby gifts?

I thought I would pose my question as a new thread. I know many of us are long out of this stage and there is so much new stuff. Wondering if anyone can share any neat baby gifts (not clutter, but special) they come across? TIA!

I recently found my father's baby ring, as well as my own. Tiny things, worn at christening (I also wore a little gold bracelet that belonged to him) and are special keepsakes. Mine was ruby and diamond. Way too small to wear now, but it's on a bracelet. While its probably in the clutter category, it's also in the very meaningful category - especially the one that belonged to my dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went to a baby shower on Saturday (her 4th!). Although she mostly got clothes, there were a few neat things that have since come out since I had my last - cute table top light / sound machine, Honest gift pack (in a cute wood box), those monthly cards you put next to the baby each month when you take a pic. I don't know how special any of this stuff is but it was all fun to see - such cute stuff these days. There also wasn't any games but we all decorated a wooden block (stickers, markers, etc), guessed the birth date and did those well-wishes cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always love giving books as gifts. A nicely made basket of baby books, maybe including a particularly special book - maybe one made with the baby's name in it or something - would be nice. I remember bookmarking tons of sites where you could send such baskets, but I still haven't sent one like that yet - no babies! Or a board book book-of-the-month club or something.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Some websites for you:
    Boco Baby for personalized items if you know the baby's name.
    Incredibundles for a variety of gift boxes at various price points. Seems like a lot of good stuff there.
    Magnificent Baby for baby gowns with magnetic closures. Made those middle of the night diaper changes so much easier.
    Candy Kirby Designs I just like her stuff. She has an Instagram with more pics of her stuff.

Not exactly new, but I love the Aden and Anais dream blankets and their stroller blankets.

Personalized books, you know the kind where they insert the child's name into it. I've seen some cool ones and would buy one, but I feel my kids are too old & wouldn't really appreciate it.

Oribel PortaPlay Convertible Activity Center folds up flat for easy storage and portability and converts to a table later on. I wish this was around when I was making my registries.

Other products that were available that I get/have gotten lots of use out of:
    Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper
    Fisher Price Healthy Care booster seat
    Skip Hop Zoo Safety Harness Backpack
    Mommy Hooks (mine came with big ones and little ones, I use the big ones on my stroller and the little ones one the harness backpacks to clip the leash to the top handle, and clip the leash to my belt loops when I need my hands free for a moment)
    Battat B. Blocks (Elemenosqueeze and One Two Squeeze) - these are durable enough to be chewed on, soft enough to not cause damage when thrown. The patterns are clever and something to talk about.
    Baby Animals Black and White book by Phyllis Limbacher Tildes was the winning high contrast book in this household
    Last edited by Ali; 06-15-2016 at 11:14 AM.

My co-worker is pregnant and shared these little onesies from an Etsy shop. If your friend has a sense of humor and is a Mean Girls fan, they are perfect. They say, "I'm not like a regular baby. I'm a cool baby" and "Why are you obsessed with me?"

Otherwise, my go-tos lately have been Aden + Anais muslim blankets and Richard Scarey's "Cars & Trucks & Things that Go" book. My kids loved playing the "find the goldbug" game on each page.
    Last edited by E&O; 06-15-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Baby Bjorn Carrier One a new and improved version of the original.

Nuby Splish Splash 5 piece stackable bath cups. Good for teaching cause and effect, colors, numbers, shapes, sizes. We use them in the bath and also with Squishy Sand.

Okkatots shoulder diaper bag sleek, stylish, well-designed interior, can be used as a laptop bag later on. A bargain at $30. Amazon usually sells at a higher price.
    Last edited by Ali; 06-15-2016 at 11:18 AM.