Quantcast
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics 2016

Default Politics 2016

Here we go!

Go Trump!
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

LOL Laura! I was reading an interview the other day, I forget where, with Trump's long time butler. It said that he was manic in his moods and they could always tell what mood he was in by the color of hat he was wearing. White was an okay mood. Red meant watch out. Anyone notice lately that he's wearing a red hat at most of his rallies lately?

I agree with what Dragon said in the other thread. I loathe Trump but I can't stand Hilary either. I don't trust her and find her to be criminal in many ways. I never thought I'd miss Obama but that this point I'm terrified of what comes next.
    It's just so disheartening that these are the two people, out of any QUALIFIED candidate, that America landed on.
    I want a President who makes it cool to be President again. It's been a long time since I've heard a kid say they want to be President when they grow up. The position has lost the air of respect and awe that it used to hold. I feel that there are many people out there that could whip things back into shape. Unfortunately, those people are too smart than to throw their names in the hat.

I don't think there is really any chance of making great forward progress as things are right now because we always have the President battling Congress and Senate and vice versa. The system needs to change so that there isn't a hard stop anytime anyone wants to make a change.
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Default Politics 2016

Paul Ryan says contested convention likely:
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0WJ2MW
    Last edited by LeslieR; 03-17-2016 at 01:53 PM.

That's great! There's hope! But I shudder to think of how that is all going to go down
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

VaSlp - the new Canadian Prime Minister has that "cool" factor. I'm a political science and we are losing majors like crazy. No one wants to study political science anymore - too negative and seedy.

Our primary is tomorrow, and I think I need to vote for Hillary. But ugh. These options suck.

Becky, ours is the 26th. I still haven't decided.

Oh I forgot to post about our primary... It was a caucus last Saturday. First time I've ever caucused and it was remarkably fun. We were divided into groups and those who wanted to speak were given a chance to say something in hopes of swaying undecided voters. After that we took a vote and went on our way. Some very interesting comments but the theme in general was many voters just don't trust Hilary and think the amount of $ she has taken from Wall Street companies makes her too beholden to outside interests. Several voters felt like it was a foregone conclusion that Hilary would get the nomination so they decided to vote for her... But many said they still hoped Sanders could make it competitive. At the end of the day Sanders won our state 72% to 18%.

DH and I were talking and think Sanders will have a really tough time getting the nomination with super delegates functioning the way they do ... However we really hope his success will be an example and spring board for meaningful campaign finance reform. All those politicians who talk about reform might be given hope that a legitimate campaign CAN be financed without a hand in corporate pockets.

garden, that does sound fun! I find all of this so fascinating now.

The #BernieorBust thing is really, really frustrating me. I'm sorry, but not voting is never an option. I am also having a really hard time with the in-party fighting. You're on the same damn team!