Quantcast
Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast

Default More House Renos

I just finished spray painting the range hood *cough, cough*. Not sure why I did not think to buy a mask! Anyway, it looks great so far. I will pull off the painters tape and take down the drop cloth in the morning.

The entire contents of our kitchen is now in my dining room. I am not sure how we will deal for a week. I bow down to those of you who did it for weeks! They should be here at 8am tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How did the paint turn out Leslie? Excited to see pics of your kitchen.

We are getting closer. contractors were supposed to be done today but we got word mid-day that the flooring installers couldn't start until Thursday so the contractors left a few things left to do tomorrow. Because it was snowing/raining they wanted to run the saw inside so they moved all our furniture out which we were going to have to do on our own anyways. A very unexpected thing for them to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

Love it Jessey!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Married 8.5.2001
    DS 6.8.2005 DD 10.3.2007 DD 4.22.2011

That looks amazing!

I think it turned out okay. After I took everything down, I noticed some spots I missed and went back over it which resulted in me getting spray paint on the backsplash. I have not had the time to see if I can use something to remove it. It's travertine tile which is quite porous, so I fear I am out of luck.

The kitchen is zipping along. It is only one guy doing the whole thing! He is amazingly talented. He spent his first day building the pantry cabinet and the cabinet above the fridge. Very exciting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My dream, Jessey! I love it!

Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Jesse, that looks amazing!

Those cabinets & storage! It's looking great, so far! GL, w/the floors!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    DS 2008

Default More House Renos

Ugh. The tile people arrived this morning and when they pulled up the carpet by the slider there was evidence of water damage. It was damp but not soaking, and not rotted. We wanted our contractor to look at it (and my husband came home at lunch with a co-worker who had dealt with this issue). Everyone agreed the water was coming from the outside and we are okay to proceed. So the rulers will be back tomorrow and the carpet guys may do some prep work and complete the carpet on Saturday or Monday.

Of course the money we saved by not needing an electrician we now need to pay to the contractor to fix this issue.

My friend is re-tiling her fireplace (actually she is tiling over her brick). I wish I had thought of that because the tile matches the old color scheme, but we just don't have the money now. And the fireplace is not the focal point
    Last edited by jesseybell; 01-26-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

Default More House Renos

Posted pics on FB, but never posted them here. I am in love.

Spent hours last night putting everything away and still not finished. And then DH came home, not pleased with where I put things. We'll see how we resolve it today. I ended up putting the kids lunch crap in one of the island cabinets and plates and bowls in the other because that made the most sense to me. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking about where everything should go! I guess that's better than thinking about politics.

Last edited by LeslieR; 01-30-2017 at 11:10 AM.

It really does look fantastic Leslie! With all that storage you can buy all those extra appliances now!
    I was so excited to reorganize my kitchen after I redid ours last year. Fortunately DH does not have opinions about such things.
    Have fun!
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"