Quantcast
Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Leslie- I know it's all dependent on the area you are in and kitchen size, etc. My parents (Philly suburbs) were just quoted $12,000 for cabinet refacing and new counter tops (granite), which I felt seemed high. But what do I know?

Eta: Average sized kitchen.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

PLN - yay, pics! Your island is fabulous, I can already picture your cabs painted. I just checked our paint can and it says "emerald matte" on it. Not sure if this is just a SW specific finish but I feel like it's in between eggshell and satin. We also used no VOC paint for everything - not sure if that makes a difference in the finish or not. Anyway, it's hard to say how much just our cabinet painting cost because I had the entire floor painted, including all doors/trim/inside of closets, both stairwells and their landings (plus all the doors/trim in those areas) and two small rooms off the main floor (powder room and utility room). I think it was $11,500 for everything so I bet the cabinet part is in line with what the others are quoting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, here are the current photos....

Daisy...yes, Emerald is definitely a SW paint. I am debating between Emerald and Cashmere (it is the type of paint). Just looked at my paint swatches and Flat Enamel/Matte is one step down from Satin but one step up from total flat. Hum...I will have to look more into that. Thanks again for all your help.

I am being quoted $5,000 for ALL my kitchen cabinets, all base boards, door frames and doors on the first floor and second floor, my daughters room, painting all the walls that you see that are green (including the vaulted area) which includes the TV family room and kitchen and ALL the banisters that you see (there is also a banister on the other side walkway you see in the photo).

I cannot wait to post "after" photos...
    Last edited by PLNUBRIDE; 04-28-2016 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia View Post
    Leslie- I know it's all dependent on the area you are in and kitchen size, etc. My parents (Philly suburbs) were just quoted $12,000 for cabinet refacing and new counter tops (granite), which I felt seemed high. But what do I know?

Eta: Average sized kitchen.
    I bet the granite made a big difference in price.are they going to go ahead with it?

I have read many times that it is half the cost of new cabinets and takes less than a week to complete. Seems like a no brainer if you have a good layout already!

I think I want too much and I may have to settle. DH will stroke out if it's over 10k. We have put so much money into this house, much of it we will never see again. But, I cannot live with this kitchen as is for the next ten years we intend to stay here. Plus, I think the refacing and additions will help us sell when the time comes.

Maybe. I'm not sure of the level of granite that was quoted. They are just updating to sell. We were quoted new plain white cabinets and level 1 granite at Loews for almost the same exact kitchen for about $15,000. I think there was some special going on at the time, though. And I remember not liking any of the granite at that price point.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

PLNU- That sounds like an amazing deal! I was recently quoted $800 for just the ceilings in my main living area. They are about 14 feet at the highest point, but still. I thought it was kind of high, so that project is still on the back burner. Your island is gorgeous! Did you post about it when you did it? I feel like I remember seeing it before, but my memory is horrible!

PLNU: that sounds like an amazing price to me! I love your home. It's so open and airy. Have you considered just doing it all white? It wouldn't make a price difference but it would make it all super fresh feeling.
    Your kitchen is gorgeous and I too can imagine the white cabinets!

This is so timely, thanks all for posting about the costs. We are starting a summer renovation soon which includes redoing the kitchen cabinets and new floors in the entire house and painting. I was curious about pricing. PLNU, your home is great! The first step for us is having solar tubes installed in the living room. The guy comes nextra week to give an estimate. Im so excited. Our LR is dark in the morning and I can't stand it. So before I pick paint and hardwoods I need more light. Then I'll need you all to help me pick color and floors!

Ok.... Last 2 pics of the upstairs. Gia, I think you are going to regret telling me how to post pics via tapatalk....lol

MrsBecky - Yes, I think I did post when we installed the island. We did not have the backsplash though...good memory!

Bloomwood - Thank you Most people that own this floorplan keep the whole area white (it was actually white when we bought it), but since the room is SOOO huge....it actually makes it feel kind of stark/bare without color on the walls. No matter how much color you add with furniture/drapes/area rugs...it gets swallowed up by the whiteness.

Bug - you will love The solar tubes. My SIL's dad owns a solar tube install company and both my mom and my SIL/brother had them installed in their house....you will not regret it! I am jealous you get to do your floors too...that is my last and final dream project in my house
    Last edited by PLNUBRIDE; 04-28-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Default More House Renos

Floors. What a nightmare. A guy just left my house, he came to quote us flooring. The floors in my house are so bad, they need to be done urgently, and yet the logistics (not to mention cost) of the project has my mind reeling.

Basically, my foyer has crappy white tile, my kitchen has yet a different type of crappy white tile (WTF??), the dining room has beat up hardwood, poorly installed and bowing, the family room has gross stained carpet, and the office has decent hardwood but different from the dining room. The stairs are hardwood with a disgusting carpet runner, and the upstairs hallway is yet another kind of disgusting dirty carpet. It's like a patchwork quilt of flooring.

I want to pull everything up and put down dark hardwoods, but apparently that would a) cost $70,000, b) mean we have to move out with all our furniture and our 3 dogs and 2 kids for 2-3 weeks, and c) look crappy in 6 months because of the 3 large dogs.

So now our options are to do a pre-finished hardwood, but not in a dark color because the dogs would scratch it up badly and they can't be re-finished. But also our subfloor is subpar, so ca-ching.

I don't know if I want to go through all this just to have a floor color I don't love. The darkest he recommends is the one on the end (under the word Armstrong). Meh. I don't love it. I am sure it will be a million times better than what we have now (you can see how bad the existing floors are int his photo), but it's hard to reconcile the realistic limitations of the projects with the vision I had in my head.

J + A