Quantcast
Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

I'll add that ours were sanded and sprayed (in a tent, not while hung) as well...now, whether they used anything with epoxy, I don't know, but I don't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ours were sanded, sprayed, and then glazed. They are not hard to clean, but there are a couple of minor chips after 4 years of use. I'd definitely do it again though!

how much is the sanding, spraying, glazing for an average sized kitchen - I would love to do this, but there is no way I am going to be the one doing all the sanding, spraying and glazing (despite Pinterest making it look easy).
    A&K 05.18.02
    Baby Girl 09.06.05... Angel Baby Oct 2007... Baby Girl 10.21.08
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

We had our cabinets refinished when we moved in almost 2 years ago... I can't remember what paint our contractor used but it is specifically designed for painting cabinets.

Cr8zy we paid $6000 to have ours refinished, however we have A LOT of cabinets and the contractor (who is a family friend) basically told my parents that he lost $ on that portion of our job because he underestimated.

We paid $4,800 to have ours refinished. I think we have a pretty average number, but the uppers are extra tall.

Seems like refinishing/repainting is a popular option

So.....I am experiencing 100% technical difficulties as it relates to me trying to get pictures off my iPhone, onto my mac, then uploading to my photo storage site. So, I am not able to post pictures, but we are having our painter (who my family has used about 6 different times and is AMAZING) paint our cabinets. He is sanding, priming and painting for $1,800.00. For perspective, we have 32 full size cabinet doors and 15 drawer fronts. He said it would normally be about a $2,600 job....

Oh before I forget....I have decided on SATIN for the cabinets, baseboards, door frames and doors (throughout the house) - thank you DAISY,
    but would you also recommend going SATIN on the wall paint? I used flat in my DD's room about 5 years ago and totally regret it. But is is weird to have the same exact sheen on the walls and trim?

PLNU- Can you just use tapatalk? I always think that's so much easier for posting pics!

Wow, that's a great price! I don't remember exactly, but I think we paid about $6,000 (that did include adding beadboard, trim, corbels (sp?) and changing one cabinet to open shelving, and making a microwave box). I know that pricing on that stuff is also dependent on what area you are in. We were in the Philly suburbs which isn't the highest as far as cost of living, but isn't exactly an affordable area either.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Let's see if this works....

GIA!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! That was SO stinking easy!!!

This is our current kitchen after we did a remodel about 2.5 yrs ago. We took out the builder island and put this huge one in and added the tile backsplash. The backsplash does not look so "busy" in person.

I will now attempt to post my various "current" photos...yay!!

Here is the before picture...
    Last edited by PLNUBRIDE; 04-28-2016 at 01:15 AM.

PLNU, I am drooling over your island!!! Amazing! And you have a ton of cabinets, too! I think I have less than half of what you have.

We are talking about refacing our cabinets and having a pantry closet added and upper cabinets extended to the ceiling. I have seen a few blogs with refacing done for less than 10k. I guess I am not totally surprised at some of the prices mentioned here for painting because it was A LOT of work when I did it myself! But, I don't know how refacing costs can be similar?

We had our kitchen cabinets professionally sprayed (doors and drawer fronts done off site)and it was $3100, which I think was a really fair price.