Quantcast
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Another vote for a large, deep single basin sink. We have lots of stuff that doesn't go in the dishwasher and I hate having large pots / baking sheets that don't fit properly in the sink.
    Married 8.5.2001
    DS 6.8.2005 DD 10.3.2007 DD 4.22.2011

I'd love to have a huge, single basin farmhouse sink with a tall gooseneck sprayer faucet! My worst sink was at our townhouse- double bowl and super shallow. None of my pots fit in it and couldn't even fit under the faucet to be rinsed, and there was NO (like literally NONE) counter space on the left side of the sink! I hated that kitchen!

In my current house we have a double bowl sink, but each side is big and deep enough to soak my large Crock pot and biggest pots, so it's not so bad. But I do have the same baking sheet irritation as Stevie!
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

I'd love to have a huge, single basin farmhouse sink with a tall gooseneck sprayer faucet!
    This is my dream too! But I can't get the farmhouse sink because we'd have to rip out the front of our cabinet. Some day though, I WILL have one! Ha!

And I am currently on th ehunt for the tall gooseneck sprayer faucet- it's driving me crazy! They are so tall- like 26" and my current one (regular type) is only 11" so when I measure what 26" will look like, I am concerned it will look crazy. If I had a huge kitchen, I think I could pull it off, but I don't. I am searching more today for a shorter version of the gooseneck sprayer. FWIW, this is the one I like, but am worried about the height: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014KE5WTA...8a587e031499_S
    Last edited by steviem; 12-13-2016 at 09:40 AM.
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

We just signed all the paperwork. DH looks a little green around the gills.They are throwing in the crown moulding and Two more pullouts and then I mentioned panels on the island and he said he can throw in two panels or two pull outs. I am thinking panels. Pull outs can be added later if I want them, right?

I took some pics:

Cabinets are shaker style recessed panels, color is Black Magic
    The island countertop is quartz and called Jambalaya

The hardware for the cabinets are the 2nd knob from the top and the drawer pulls are the 3rd from the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great Leslie! Love all your choices! I am so jealous. My kitchen is high on the list of projects but I can't seem to bite the bullet. I am also considering a cabinet reface since our boxes are in good condition just ugly.
    Married 8.5.2001
    DS 6.8.2005 DD 10.3.2007 DD 4.22.2011

Thanks, spps! And I hear you. We will have been in this house ten years come January and this kitchen has been a long time coming! We added a new floor, new countertops and back splash when when we first moved in PLUS I painted the cabinets myself, but it was really just putting lipstick on a pig. This is big time now. I can hardly believe it after all of these years of pinning kitchens on Pinterest. Of course, I am probably going to have to take on a new client or two to pay for this project, so there you go.

Looks great, Leslie! You're going to love it!

Scarlett- That is definitely an everyday occurrence for me, too, but I dry right away and put away. Dishes are the one thing I stay on top of since my house is so open. If I had a stack of dishes, they'd be visible from my front door. I hate that, so I keep my dishes put away!

New to post in this thread. All this single basin sink is making me have sink envy. We just did our kitchen last year and we were on such a time crunch I just did a double sink from IKEA. It's undermount. How hard is it to replace with single...without damaging countertops?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeckyLP View Post
    Looks great, Leslie! You're going to love it!

Scarlett- That is definitely an everyday occurrence for me, too, but I dry right away and put away. Dishes are the one thing I stay on top of since my house is so open. If I had a stack of dishes, they'd be visible from my front door. I hate that, so I keep my dishes put away!
    Our kitchen is open to the dining room and the dining room is open to the LR, but there is a wall dividing the kitchen from the LR. We have talked about taking that wall out, but ultimately we do like that it keeps the kitchen separate. But, yes, dirty dishes always comes up in that convo!

Love it!! Leslie - I think our kitchen is similar colors and pulls if you want to see pics of a messy kitchen 😂

ETA - I think pullouts might be tougher to add? We have panels around the bottom of the breakfast bar - kind of wish I had done cabinets - and just a pullout for trash /recycling.
    Robyn & Scott - August 29, 2004
    * SM - July 17, 2007 *
    * BH - APRIL 14, 2010 *