Quantcast
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Yay Leslie! So exciting! Can't wait to follow along.

Nice to hear you guys love your single basin sink. My kitchen reno is on hold forever, BUT, we are getting a new sink/faucet/garbage disposal within the next few weeks. I *think* I found the sink I want at Lowes and it's a large, cast iron, single basin. I am having trouble with the faucet. I want one of those industrial types, but I worry they are too tall for my tiny kitchen. I've spent way too much time looking online the past few days. I wish I could "see" them in person but I hate the selection at Lowes and Home Depot so online it is!
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

Hmm, I can't imagine having just a single sink. I love my double Blanco undermount sink (looks like this). I use one side for washing and the other has the drying rack all the time.
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11

I'm with you honey. That's exactly our situation. In fact, that's almost exactly our sink.

I have a split sink now, and it makes me nuts. I hardly ever hand wash anything- almost everything goes into the dishwasher, The things I do hand wash, like my large roasting pans and baking sheets, do not fit in my split sink so I have to tilt it and wash one side, then flip it to wash the other. That is exactly why I want a large, single basin- so I can lay these large items flat and wash them. Also, when I tilt the large pans on the side, they are forever leaving marks on my sink.
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

I almost never wash dishes, either. We have a single basin now. It is not super deep, but it is fine. We got a new faucet a few years ago that I adore. It looks kind of like this:
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/MOEN-Kade...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

I love that the sprayer pulls out.

So, I moved a bunch of my small appliances to where I think they will go once our kitchen is done and I am happy with that set up. I was even able to get my bread machine in there, too. My crockpot is currently above the fridge and I think it will stay in that cabinet. I put my air popper on the other side because that would not fit in the other cabinet. I then wrote a long list of things I want to clarify with the designer. I think half pull outs and have regular shelves is fine for the pantry cabinet, but the shelves need to be adjustable so that they can accommodate tall items like olive oil if necessary. I want that stuff off my counter! I also think I need a shelf for the kids' homework caddy that I made them. I am tired of that on my counter, too.

The best thing about doing the refacing instead of new cabinets is that it will only take a few days to complete. I told DH we should wait until Christmas, but it would be such a nice Christmas present to have it done before then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes to a big and DEEP sink. I hate our current one. I like the double sinks but this one sucks and my bigger pans do not fit.

Here is my lived-in pantry, showing my pull out drawers. Because our pantry is so deep, I knew everything would get lost and the large and heavy items would be hard to move out of the back without taking everything out of the front. For the cans I just left them at a single stack and put lights in there. There is enough space to pull the items out of the back with little rearrangement. The rest of the items are in baskets or containers of similar items and most shelves are two baskets deep. The top shelf has my seldom used bins and appliances.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/584096.../shares/8Wob62

Okay, I don't know how to insert an image anymore and I don't have Tapatalk so hopefully you can see the link.
    C 3/21/07
    It's a girl! D 8/3/11

I miss my kitchen drawers more than anything (except my gas stove - this apartment has electric and I go to great lengths and depths of take-out to avoid using it), but pull out cabinet shelves might work too. I also liked having a drawer for spices and another for kitchen utensils. Basically I guess I like drawers.

littlemia, the link works! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honey, I rarely wash dishes, so I don't need a drying side. I pretty much only hand wash my new pots and pans and anything that doesn't fit in the dishwasher.

So what will your new door profile look like, Leslie? Are you doing painted or stained? What about countertops?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeckyLP View Post
    Honey, I rarely wash dishes, so I don't need a drying side. I pretty much only hand wash my new pots and pans and anything that doesn't fit in the dishwasher.
    That's all I ever wash too, but that's still a nearly everyday thing. Not to mention, I dump all of the plastic stuff that doesn't get dry in the dishwasher into the drying rack so I don't have to hand dry it. Maybe that's why I need a drying rack - I don't hand dry anything.