Quantcast
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Hi Ladies,
    Can I get some opinions on the powder room ceiling fixture? Here are the wall sconces.
    The cabinet will be white with a carrera top. All the metal in the room will be polished nickel and the walls are BM balboa mist (a really light greige). Floors are the same travertine that are in the kitchen. The mirror will look exactly like this mirror. The knob on the cabinet will be a clear jewel/globe shaped knob (to tie in with the sconce). Ok, here are some that I'm considering: #1, #2 (originally, I really wanted a sputnik in gold in there, but with everything else, that would be too much gold for me, so I tossed the idea), #3 or this one, #4. I think any of these would work in there...hence my indecision. I don't have anything in particular planned for art either (or wallpaper for that matter), but I do know that I want something big and some color. TIA

First off the cabinets look awesome. And I love the revised paneling replacing the bead board on the bar/peninsula.

I LOVE #2, but think it would be less successful given the other selections you've made. I LOVE 3 and 4 but think it depends on what you're going for. 3 ties better to your cab/marble and perhaps other parts of your home... But 4 works better with your sconces and accents. I think I'd do #4.

Definitely Number 4, IMNSHO!

And I love the all white kitchen, although I am very partial to all white kitchens!

Quote Originally Posted by gardenmommy View Post
    First off the cabinets look awesome. And I love the revised paneling replacing the bead board on the bar/peninsula.

I LOVE #2, but think it would be less successful given the other selections you've made. I LOVE 3 and 4 but think it depends on what you're going for. 3 ties better to your cab/marble and perhaps other parts of your home... But 4 works better with your sconces and accents. I think I'd do #4.
    Completely agree with garden and her reasoning!

Interesting, thank you for your feedback. I definitely think that #4 is the safest and will look good (and I like that it's not in the 4 digit arena in terms of cost. I will have to think about this today. I think I had my head set on something funky and I'm slowing dialing it back into normal and safe. Given that I'm the only girl in the house, I have tried to bring feminine / glam things in where possible since we moved here and this would accomplish that for sure.

In the meantime, this morning I have ordered these new bar stools (holy cow are they all over pinterest / houszz). I REALLY want to order a new area rug and throw pillows too, but I'm making myself wait until everything is done and I can see how things look. I also want and need more art (especially now that the stupid beige color is gone and won't wash everything out). I moved a ton of stuff back into my kitchen last night (yay). It's getting painted today too (walls and ceiling).

Well, if you want to think about other lighting options, the blog Elements of Style did a feature on lighting today. I think I recognize a few of your choices!

Ha ha, I read that blog too! When I saw her post this morning, it prompted me to get one picked and ordered since I've been procrastinating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just catching up on this thread - your kitchen is looking gorgeous! I like all your powder room lighting ideas, but this one from that blog entry is just beautiful!

Love that semily, too bad it's brass.

I just ordered #4 this morning (the safe one with the globe jewels hanging from it). It'll look nice. Now I just need to pull the trigger on some wall art - I have a big orange piece picked but am wiggly about the price, so I'm sitting on it for now. I think I'm at the point where I am over ordering things and buying stuff, BUT I want it all right now and I want it all done right now - I can't win.

LOL- Daisy - I am always at that point in projects as well. Sometimes you have to say STOP and NO MORE, but you also don't want to be stupid and not finish something right. I would only buy what you love, because art can wait and be added at any time.