Quantcast
Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

The make shift mudroom

Cleaned out. The roughed in bathroom is in the corner - we chose not to do a shower. The toilet is in a PITA location.

There will be a bench and shelving (for baskets) on the left and coat closet on the right. The bathroom with have a toilet, a single IKEA farmhouse sink and 4 cabinets in an L.

The bathroom will be this color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

Thank you Taurus! And I LOVE that backsplash tile! First I've seen that I love! Do you mind if I pin those pics, or are you going to take them down? No worries if so. I have a question about the lazy susans. We have that exact same style now and I HATE the door. I had assumed we would get an attached door style this time (that spins with the lazy susan?) but maybe that's dated and no longer an option? Do you like the door on yours? Our door is partially broken so that is part of the reason that I hate it, but also it's just very unwieldy and very pinchy for small fingers. But maybe it's just me!
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Last post for now

All empty standing at the garage door

The room to the left of the stairs will be walled off and unfinished - that will be DH workshop. The utility room will be walled off and unfinished.

Closets under and to side of the stairs

The closet behind the garage door will be our sports closet and an unfinished storage closet

In the nook on the back wall will be shelving. The tv will go to the left in the nook and the couch will be floating.

Once the flooring is in they can install the bathroom cabinets and we can get the template done
    Here is the slab for the bathroom - it is a poor picture - it goes well with our beach theme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

jessey: I'm so jealous of all of your added storage!
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Looks like it will be fabulous, jessey!

Jessey- what a fabulous project!

Having all of that space UNDER a house, blows my mind!!! (There are no basements in California.) Can't wait to see the finished project Jessey!!!

Taurus- Your kitchen is so beautiful. I love your buffet (and the nice sign you have on it!) as well as the blue bars tools- what a nice touch of color!
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

Jessey - I'm another with basement envy. Sports closet! I die!

Stevie - thanks! The stools are from Target.com and took me forever to find!

Laura - I found that backsplash on day 1 and never went back. I'll email you whatever pics you want. As for the Susan doors, no other option was presented nor did I know to ask. It can be tricky when things are open and we worry about chipping and dinging our cabinets, but they don't bother me, really. Anything is better than what we had, which were hinges that were coming apart.

Taurus your kitchen is beautiful! I love it and that long set of windows.

jessey-Your basement is going to be a great use of space. I miss basements.

If we ever get around to renovating again....ugh I shiver at the thought...I would love wall ovens and those nice deep drawers under the range top.

We have a white kitchen...shaker style cabinets and the ridge does collect dirt. I usually just wet a rag, wring out the excess and wipe along the edge with my finger wrapped in the rag. Not to time consuming and I do it whenever I notice the dirt. We have wood cabinets with a laminate overlay. I would not recommend these. Our laminate is popping on a few....mainly because I foolishly propped my steam mop in those areas as it cooled.

Our next big project is our family room and we have a ton of things we want to do and our scratching our heads with regards to the execution. Likely we are going to have to bring in a professional to help us determine the layout. Our family room is a former garage. My dream is to raise the floor and the ceiling so the room is on level or just one step down from the rest of the house which would allow us to open up the space more as well. Of course redoing the family room means the kitchen would probably need to be redone as well.

Jessey -SOOOOOOOOO envious of all of your basement space.

Taurus - Love your kitchen!