Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Craft Club ideas

It's my turn to host my Craft Club craft again but this time I don't have an idea for the craft like I usually do. Anyone have anything they have pinned and wish they could make? Our group is 5 moms and one single gal. What would you enjoy? TIA!

I have Christmas on my mind, so the things I've seen lately are holiday related:

I thought this wreath was really pretty. It can be a Fall wreath, or add more greenery, holly berries, etc. to make it "Christmas-y":
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/91760911134840333/

I also love those winter wonderland "scenes". I planned to make a few last year, but never did. You can use an apothecary jar, or even just a regular mason jar. There are lots of examples on Pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/230246599672736219/
    Last edited by steviem; 10-23-2015 at 10:47 AM.
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

What about doing nature mandelas outside? It's not something to take home, but they're pretty neat - basically it's making concentric circle patterns out of nature (leaves, sticks etc...) Perfect for fall. You could also do nature collages on that sticky clear plastic paper (blanking on what it's called). We do them all the time and hang it on our glass door - we use nature stuff, string, yarn, craft scraps etc...

Thank you for the ideas. Stevie, I love the look for that wood disk wreath! That also gives me the idea to do some kind of seasonal/fall/rustic centerpiece craft for Thanksgiving.

The scenes are so cute but maybe too Christmas-y. Most of our members are Jewish.

Pine, we usually craft around a table after eating but before dessert and so I definitely need something that can be done indoors. But this is definitely a group that would be open to a nature themed craft.

For a long time, I have wanted to do something with my silhouette machine. So I thought about asking them all ahead of time for a word or phrase that I could cut for them on vinyl. But I'm not sure what we would do with the phrases or words.

I LOVE the idea of a rustic fall/thanksgiving centerpiece!

I saw someone in my area was selling these metal pails with lettering on them- like monograms and fall type sayings- I'm drawing a blank now. But I think it was probably black vinyl lettering on them. And she showed them with a pot of fall mums in them on a porch. It looked cute. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

I can't find the post. I guess it was this idea, but nicer:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AzsiAAAQAMABiyJeLecAAAA/
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

In keeping with the Thanksgiving theme, I saw these and thought they could work for you AND you could use your machine for the lettering!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/97320041921066780/ You can buy the wood blocks from Home Depot (have them cut down to the size you need), and then everyone can paint them the color or design they want (or instead of paint you could use scrapbook paper and mod podge them) and then put the lettering on the front. Obviously the Christmas one wouldn't work for your group but the Give Thanks one could.
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS2 03.07.12

Ooo, I love those wood blocks!

My first thought was string art. Have you done that? That's next on my list of things to do. You could do words or other designs (seasonal or not), and you could use your Silhouette to make the patterns. One of my FB friends recently hosted a party just to do this, and the pictures are fantastic. This is my inspiration: http://cdn.instructables.com/F1W/RPE...30E.MEDIUM.jpg
    S 6/06
    E 4/09
    M 5/12

OMG STEVIE the wood blocks (with scrapbook paper/letter cutouts) is EXACTLY the plan I came up with late Friday night but then forgot to post! My thought was more general or December holiday and people could send me a word ahead of time (could be "LIGHTS" for Hanukkah or PEACE or even their last name) and I'd have appropriate papers as well as their letters cut!

So funny!

That is too funny!
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS2 03.07.12