Quantcast
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Our Fab 40's

I think Botox is in the $300 range per treatment. I could be way off with the too.

Default Our Fab 40's

It varies.

Around here it is anywhere from $10-$15 per unit.

For my not very severe lines between the eyebrows and the top of the forehead, I needed 32.5 units.

If you need more, or also want to do crow's feet or other areas, obviously it's more. But in some geographical areas, the cost per unit is less, so it could balance out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skyblu; 03-05-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    J + A

I just had it done in January as my 40th birthday gift to myself. I regretted it right after because it felt so strange (and I thought I was having an allergic reaction but it turned out to be reflux). Now I think I will probably keep doing it. I just had it done on my "11's" which were quite deep and have bugged me since I was in my mid-20's. I had 20 units and I went to a plastic surgeon so it was probably more expensive than a med-spa kind of place. I believe it was $17 per unit.

Interesting! I also have pretty deep 11's between my brows, and have thought about it, but for a long time, my glasses hid it. Now I am going back to wearing contact lenses at least half the week, so they're for sure more front and center now.

Is it a once you start you have to keep going kind of thing? Is there any test that you can take before to see if you have a reaction, like they inject a tiny bit in a part of your upper arm or something?
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

Looch, I believe the effects last something like 4 to 6 months (those who've done it more than once please correct me if I'm off on the timeline.) So yes, you'd have to keep doing it.

Not sure if there is a test.

My biggest fear was not of a reaction but of it being incorrectly applied or it shifting or traveling and giving me a facial droop, so I researched the crap out of providers before pulling the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J + A

ugh, so after last month's 46 day cycle, I had a 22 day this month. Blah.

I have been lucky most of my life to have good hair, good skin, nice nails etc. Now in my 40's, I'm feeling mousy and washed out. I can't even put my finger on exactly what the problem is, I'm just dull. I do ok with make-up on and my hair done (which is now an interesting balance, too much effort and I look like I'm trying too hard), but what a mess without it, and believe me I've always needed help. Any tips/tricks to counteract the years of stress, aging and environmental impacts. I've been thinking lately about eyelash growth serums, retinols, tinting eyelashes and eyebrows, how I can get the whites of my eyes to not look so dull and boosting my hair color. I feel like the only women in my 40's that doesn't color my hair. I want to, but realistically I don't think I can keep up with salon appointments, but if I could figure out a good at home option would happily go that route. I'm probably only 10% gray, but my formerly auburn locks are now pretty mousy. I don't have time to age ;-)!!! What tweaks have you made that bring a little brightness and minimize the stressed look?

I'm not sure I can answer your specific questions, but I received some shampoo samples with a Nordstrom purchase a while back. I ran out of shampoo, so used them up until I could go shopping for more shampoo. One of the samples said "for aging hair" and I thought, "yeah, right!" because I didn't think of myself as "aging" at the time. After use, my hair was the best it had been in years, and I thought, "well, whaddya know!" Of course, I threw away the sample packing and spent over a year trying to figure out what brand and type it actually was!

Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo

Another good one (but PRICEY!) is Pureology Nanoworks Gold shampoo

And good skin products, especially moisturizers are a MUST, now! More on that later.

I love the anti-aging Xavier that Ali posted. I've been using it a couple times a week for years.
    I've also found that getting a professional facial every 1-2 months does wonders for lightening and brightening up my skin.
    I noticed at about 40 yrs old my eyes became extremely dry. My Opthamologist said that. It also for women I. Their 40s abs up. He said NEVER use any eye drops that "get the red out" but recommended Systane drops (over the counter) a few times a day and they have really brightened my eyes back up.
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Thanks Ladies! I think the eye drops are a good easy add to the routine. My eyes do feel dry and fatigued frequently, so maybe just feeling better would take away some of the "blah" view of myself. I don't use a quality shampoo, but use a really great conditioner. I love the facial idea, but struggle with available time. Definitely in the decade where you can't just skate by without putting at least some effort in, apparently I'm lazy when it comes to self care and it is catching up with me ;-).