Quantcast
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Our Fab 40's

Sin- You are still thin and foxy in your 50s! Unfortunately, all those changes you mentioned (plus some!) started happening to me at 39! I have jowls, a thicker waist, weight gain unless I work out and *really* watch my diet, gray hair, aches and pains, wrinkles, and so on. I'm only 42! It's terrible. Meanwhile my husband will be 50 this year and eats what he wants and skis and climbs mountains and basically acts like a 20 year old!
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Awww, thanks Gia!

Don't you hate men sometimes? My DH lost 50 lbs almost painlessly in less than 6 months on WW. I struggle to lose 5.
    "And as cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round;
    If your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine
    Thank you for your time...Here's to life!"
    - Mekong

Sin, please don't take this the wrong way, but when physical changes happen, regardless of the age you are, they can still be somewhat shocking, at least they are for me. In my mind, I am 30 years old. It's really difficult for me to see the gray hairs, I've made it to 41 without any, and now that they're appearing, it's kind of jolted me to the reality of how old I am. And I have to be honest about that. I also have a 6 year old that is something that weighs on me a lot as I never thought I would be an older mom and I am greatly worried about time running out for he and I. I think that is honestly what I am reacting to, more than the color of my hair...does that make sense?

I think it's great that you look and feel great into your 50s, I hope to as well!
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

I get it, looch. I don't mean to be insensitive to any changes you all are experiencing. I'm just trying to encourage you to consider the perspective from a decade or two later, when 40 seems extremely youthful! Savor those years, because they can be among the best in your life in terms of energy and beauty.

I understand your fears about not having enough time with your child. I have similar fears about not having enough time with my husband. We met quite late in life, relatively speaking, and we unfortunately don't have children, so I spend way too much time thinking about what would happen if I were completely alone.
    "And as cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round;
    If your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine
    Thank you for your time...Here's to life!"
    - Mekong

Jowls are FREAKING ME OUT. They totally run on my mom's side, and it's terrible. I can already detect the first signs of them myself and I'm 38.

Yes, I am getting jowls and I also have neck fat, which creates rings when I look down. I really have no motivation to exercise, which I really, really need to do in order to drop the 10-15 that's been refusing to leave!

I just got Botox for the first time and I am IN LOVE!

Very very subtle, just a little bit on the 11's between my brows and the horizontal lines in my upper forehead.

I can still move my face and make expressions, but those areas where deeper creases were forming are now almost completely smooth (I had it 3 days ago and it takes up to 14 days to see final results.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J + A

I've thought about Botox, but can't pull the trigger since it's pretty pricey. I'd love to do it though!

I have no frame of reference, how much do you generally pay for botox?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With my allergies I am afraid of having an allergic reaction to Botox. I do want microdermabrasion or a peel. I have discoloration at my hairline I would love to have gone. I am fine with lines and grays but the spots!