Quantcast

Default Need Wedding Gift Idea

I don't know where to post this. Hopefully someone sees this even though no one posts in this forum anymore!

My aunt is marrying her long time girlfriend this weekend. We were not able to attend the wedding (and they told everyone "no gifts"), but I would like to send them something. They are not hurting in any way financially, and have been together a long time, so they are not really in need of traditional house things. I don't want to send money. They are somewhat sentimental and would probably like something thoughtful as opposed to something just expensive. They have always been good to me. Any ideas?

eta: As far as interests go, they like to travel, the girlfriend is into photography as a hobby, they seem to plan a lot of board games, they are somewhat "outdoorsy" and a lot of their vacations are fishing/boating type of stuff.... they drink mixed drinks, but I have no idea which types of alcohol (and that seems a little impersonal anyway), my aunt likes to cook....
    Last edited by Gia; 10-01-2015 at 07:52 PM.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

I'm thinking something from etsy...

Maybe something like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/2501027...zed?ref=market

If anyone else has seen any good ideas along those lines, please post links. Thanks!

I like the cutting board!

The best wedding gift we got was this awesome salad bowl made out of recycled glass. Unfortunately it broke during one of our many moves, but it was great and the perfect size for salad for 2. Sentimentally, someone had our invitation framed for us, which was also nice.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

How about a personalized print? This site has an awesome selection. . I ordered from here and emailed that I would need it by the following weekend and it shipped promptly & looked great. I'm not sure how sentimental the couple is that we gave it to, but know I would have loved it for a wedding gift.

One of DH's first employees gave us one of a silver fortune cookie one year with a fortune inside that he wrote himself. I just googled and I see they aren't as "precious" as I once thought or perhaps they once were. Regardless, I still think it was a sweet gift and it sits on our bookshelf.

What about some artisan champagne glasses with a note about toasting their anniversary for years to come?

These are all great ideas, exactly the types of things I was searching for. Thanks, ladies!

We give framed butterflies with a message of marriage being a beautiful change in the relationship.

Thanks, ladies! I ended up going with a matted a framed print from the site mcg posted. I got one with their initials written in sand on the beach. I think they will like it since they got married at the beach.

I am filing away the other ideas, though! I especially like the fortune cookie for events where I'm going to give cash, but it seems impersonal. I could put that with it!