Quantcast
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

For the June B loving kiddos, have you read the Clementine series? She's the less sassy version of Junie, and though she makes up words (hilarious), her grammar is much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    R+P 11.09.02
    C 04.06.09 + G & J 12.19.11

We had our mother daughter group last night for my 3rd grader. All of the girls brought their favorite book and talked about why they liked it. Some of the ones presented were:
    The BFG
    My Father's Dragon
    Little House on the Prairie
    The Hour of the Bees (sounds really good!)
    The Doll People
    An Amelia Earhart graphic novel
    The Critter Club

And, we decided to read The Lemonade Wars and discuss at another date.

Default Book recommendation chat for independent readers

I took out the book The 13-Story Treehouse today for DD2. She loved and devoured it already. I haven't seen her devour a book like that in a while. She also sketched her dream treehouse. There are three more: The 26-story Treehouse, 39-Story, and 52-Story. I just requested them all from the library. I think they'd be good for either boys or girls.

And Bloomwood - great list! DD2 has read a few of those but the bees one sounds good - and the Amelia Earhart one. I think I read the doll one with DD1, but maybe it's time to try it with DD2.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

twinny - too funny. That was one of the ones discussed at our m/d group! I can't believe I didn't remember it.

That is funny!

I am so happy. My sixth grader just asked if we can start a mother-daughter book club. She wants us to read a book together once a month and then discuss it. And then I suggested we pick books that have movies coming out so we can go see the movie, too (since one of the books she wants to read is BEFORE I FALL, which is in theaters right now).

So far, we have:

Month Book/Movie Release Date
    March Before I Fall Yes Already out
    March The Sun Is Also A Star n/a n/a
    April Everything, Everything Yes May 19
    May 13 Reasons Why Yes March 31 (Netflix)
    June

If anyone has any suggestions for books that have movies coming out or of movies that are years old and based on books, I'd love to hear them! (I'm also looking up lists of course - but just if you think any would be particularly good choices.)

Other ideas: A Wrinkle in Time, The Circle (not Teen, though, I don't think), and Diary of a Wimpy Kid (for DD2).

She just got new glasses last week. She had glasses years ago, never used them (very minor correction), complained in the last few weeks that she was having trouble seeing, and I feel so bad, because though she read while she was having trouble seeing - and didn't tell me she was having trouble - now that she CAN see better she is reading MUCH MUCH more already!
    Last edited by twinnyme; 03-18-2017 at 09:51 AM.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal