Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Exercise and Working Out - What do you do?

I'm curious to hear other people's exercise habits. I used to run, but never really liked it and constantly felt like I was stopping and starting all over again every year. The weather here is so cold and windy that I lose my willpower pretty easily. I also felt like I wasn't doing anything to work my upper body, and felt like my back and shoulders were always tight.

This summer I started doing Fitness Blender videos, which are 450 free videos and you can sort by difficulty, time, type etc... I signed up for a "program" which basically means you pay about $7 and they load exercises in a particular order into a calendar for you. I did an Ab one, an "adventure one" and right now I'm finishing up 8 weeks for Busy people. I quite like these since I can do them at home in the mornings and I've really improved my muscle strength and overall fitness a lot https://www.fitnessblender.com. I do these 5 days a week.

I also started doing yoga again. I found this free program at www.doyouyoga.com called 30 days of yoga which I quite liked. Each yoga workout is less than 20 minutes, so I do one every day either when I get home or right after DD goes to bed. I couldn't believe how much flexibility improved in 30 days. I bought another program from the site - the ultimate home yoga practice for about $60 and I've been keeping up with it. Again, just 20 minutes a day. I really think it's improved my sleep too.

I'm always interested in what other people are doing and always looking for new ideas!

I belong to orange theory and I love it! It's perfect for someone like me. I always need that extra push to get myself to the gym. Here you sign up ahead of time for classes and if you don't cancel in time it costs you the cost of a class so I have accountability.
    It's a one hour class run by an instructor. It's a mixture of cardio/rowing machine and weight room.
    If you have a studio near I would highly suggest trying out a class.
    Seriously it's the best workout!

I don't do well doing videos on my own. I need to go somewhere for motivation. I currently swim 5 mornings/week. I swim 1500-1600 meters in around 35 minutes. I have come up with my own workouts and switch between 2, but feel like I need to be doing something more and/or different. If I had the time, I would add strength training at the gym. I have hand weights at home and could easily do a quick video or something, but again, I have zero motivation to workout at home.

I made myself be accountable for working out at home by buying a gym quality elliptical machine for home. It's in our garage. My husband does I think it's power lifting ? so he has a squat rack out there and free weights. I realized at this season in my life I don't have time to leave the house to work out, so it needs to be something here, but I'm not a huge fan of videos. The elliptical is great because I can do it while I'm watching a show on my iPad. Then I do some free weights for upper body stuff.

I got off working out when I broke my foot (obviously) and just started back when I started having another physical issue that limits ability to work out, currently. But overall I really like having the equipment at home. I felt sick spending the money on it, but it really does average out for something like a gym membership.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

I run for cardio. Distances vary depending on time of year and goals. Currently I'm training for 2 half marathons in the next month so the majority of my workouts are running. I do pilates and yoga a day or 2 after my long run to get a good stretch and strengthen in.
    When I'm not training I use the equipment at the gym for cross training (elliptical, climber, bike, treadmill, etc) and I weight train.
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Well, over the summer I don't do much but take Pilates on Friday, chase kids, paddle board and water-ski/wakeboard/wake surf - all on no schedule. Now that school is starting and I have a schedule, my new routine is tennis M-W and Pilates on Friday.

For 2-3 years, I used to only take barre twice a week with an amazing instructor that has since left and he got me in such amazing shape after babies. I miss those days.

We also belong to a really nice club that has tons of offerings (where I had my barre class and where I take Pilates), but we rarely use it other than for my class and swim lessons. Once I cut out some tennis, I'll try something new!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I walk for an hour at lunch with a co-worker when it's not too hot which unfortunately it has been this summer. I'm like laura too in that I don't have the time to drive to a gym before or after work so when I add in more exercise, I work out at home at night. I get bored quickly with things like the treadmill or elliptical and prefer videos. My favorite workout for years has been step aerobics so I have lots of those videos. I also have a few strength training ones I like that use hand weights for upper body and lots of squats and lunges for lower body.
    Marriage - 10/12/2003
    Lily - 9/26/2006

I do the 21 day fix videos. 30 minutes and I am done. They are intense. I've been at it for 2 months and although I've lost very little, I am firming up and feel that I look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A&K 05.18.02
    Baby Girl 09.06.05... Angel Baby Oct 2007... Baby Girl 10.21.08
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

I do yoga 2x a week at a gym that has childcare. I recently started trying Tracy Anderson Method videos at home in the evenings after the kids go to bed. I like that they are only 25 min long and I've heard good things about her methods. Time will tell I guess.
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11

When I actually do exercise, I either walk my neighborhood or I do the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds videos. There is a huge variety of lengths and difficulty. You really use every muscle, so it's not "just walking".

We got a tread mill last year and it is just a dust collector. Thankfully it was free!