Quantcast
Page 90 of 140 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Oh yby, I'm so sorry. That is way too much. It sounds like transferring your mom to a facility is a good move for everyone right now. Thinking of you!

Well, my mom is in the hospital again. Last night, she couldn't breathe so my dad called 911. They intubated her and she is breathing with a ventilator but she is in deep sedation (not conscious). They are going to keep her on the ventilator, sedated, until tomorrow and then try taking her off the ventilator to see if she can breathe on her own. I'm not sure what happens if she can't come off. As I told my dad, this is exactly why we are so happy she is there with him now. Someone with her as well as much better medical access than in her little OK town. I have to wait and see what happens tomorrow afternoon before I know if I should go down there or not. Scary times.

Good luck, Bloomwood. The ventilator is scary. Wow, the timing is amazing - I'm glad she has your dad with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Bloom, so scary about your Mom. Like you and Twinnyme, I'm glad that she is there with your Dad. Prayers for her speedy recovery.

I'm so sorry Bloom. That's scary. I'm so glad she has people and good healthcare there.
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

I haven't been keeping up with this thread and in so sorry to hear of both yby's Dad and Bloom's Mom.

I hope you both hear good news soon. Thinking of you!

J + A

So sorry Bloom!!
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11

I'm sorry, yby and bloom. 🙁

I've been putting off writing in here because I don't even really know where to start. It's Crazytown here. We finally got memory testing scheduled for my mom. She refused initially but her dr convinced her she needs to. She's still driving and we are all so scared about that. My sister and I don't have a ton of confidence in her doctors since they are just now administering the test. We hope it's a legit test and we can at least stop her driving based on the results. We also heard that Alzheimer's drugs can also be prescribed for Parkinsons dementia and may slow the memory loss, so we'd like to try that if possible. She's really, really mad at all of us. She thinks we're all wrong and out to get her. She doesn't want any of us coming to her appointments anymore. She's especially mad at my dad and is claiming that he is the one who's senile and so is her BFF.

Meanwhile, my mom's brother was diagnosed with ALS. 😢 He's in a remote area of Michigan and has no one except us. So we're all driving out in 2 weeks to pack up his stuff and bring him to my parents house (!) where my MOM thinks she's going to take care of him (!!) O.M.G. She's also currently his power of attorney (I told my dad he HAS to be included on PofA!!!) He does not know how bad her own health is right now. My dad doesn't want to tell him because he's afraid he won't come (he may be right on that). My dad says he and my uncle both know that he's probably going to need to go into a facility. But at least if it's out here, then we can check in on him. I have two sisters out here too. So I absolutely agree with getting him out to PA. But oh, did I mention he's bringing a cr@pload of crap with him because he can't get rid of anything? And multiple cats?!

There's so many more sad and frustrating little things, but that's the jist of it.

Eta: Also, my dad works part time (like 30 hrs a week some weeks) and has no plans to quit his job (!)
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Goodness, so much heavy stuff in here. I don't often know the "right" things to say in the situations, but I feel that I carry the weight of all of what you are going through in my heart too. I know I don't know all of you that well, but I feel that if the weight is spread around a bit, it makes it easier to bear.
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

Default Ailing parents support

Wow, Gia, so much. I'll be thinking of you, and yby1, too. It's all so hard. Try to stay strong.

Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal