Quantcast
Page 2 of 140 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Well, not great news but maybe not as bad as could be either right? How is your Dad feeling? Does he have any more energy? What about the cough? Is that related at all?

I also wanted to thank you for starting this thread. It seems like so many of us are approaching that stage of life where we are starting to care for ailing parents and hopefully this can be a great place to come together. Hugs!

Continued prayers for your dad. It's hard watching and dealing with parents aging.
    Loving my DDs and DS

Default Ailing parents support

He feels completely different, in a good way. He definitely has some energy compared to before.

His cough is still there, and nobody is really saying if it's related. I keep asking though, and he just got some cough syrup with codeine. Hopefully it will help to have that in his chart, and I hope he can sleep! He was up all last night and hasn't slept today. Luckily he has his own room because of the risk of infection with the neutropenia (low white blood cells).

It's goo that they may already have a diagnosis (and hopefully soon a treatment plan). Thank goodness he went to the doctor.
    Joshua Daniel~ 3/4/08 at 19w4d with us for 68 minutes, forever in our hearts , Michael Aaron- our rainbow baby arrived 5/15/09
    Jacob Ryan- our second rainbow 2/11/12

I'm so glad he's starting to feel better and they are getting to the bottom of things. Thoughts and hugs coming your way.
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Glad to read he is feeling better! Sending more prayers your way.

Semily, it's good to hear that your dad is doing better. I hope that you can get a diagnosis and treatment plan soon. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

That's a tough diagnosis, semily, but a diagnosis is the first step towards treatment, so I am so glad he is getting help.

I would have to brush up on my myelodysplasias but if I remember correctly there are grades of them and they are rated according to specific deficiencies or overages of certain types of cells like myeloblasts (baby cells) or something like that. The more serious or advanced cases can progress to leukemia, but I don't think that's the majority of them.

Don't quote me, this is way out of my wheelhouse. But it sounds like he is in great hands and his team is on top of things. You are wonderful for getting him through this!
    J + A

Keeping your father in my prayers Semily! Hang in there
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

I am glad that you at least have a diagnosis. Your dad and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.