Quantcast
Page 92 of 140 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeckyLP View Post
    Bloom, yby, and Gia- I am sad to read your updates. You all have a lot on your plates, and I'm so sorry.
    This. So hard.

I sometimes read these things and forget that I have been through my own tragedy, when we lost FIL so quickly to the most aggressive form of brain cancer there is. It's been 11 years so I forget the family disagreements, the doctor appts, the being far away and helpless, the spending every possible second of time away from work to be there, the deterioration, the feelings of loss. But we didn't have kids yet. That was sad in its own right, but logistically it made it easier. I feel for you all trying to juggle your lives and your responsibilities and your sadness, too.

We have not lost anyone close to use yet (except my grandmother who was healthy until a 2 week demise to pancreatic cancer). I can not fathom the stress and turmoil you all must be facing as you deal with the sadness and strain. Hugs.

Gia - I'm sorry for all you are going through, too. Hugs

My mom is off the ventilator and breathing with the normal oxygen levels now, I believe. My dad doesn't seem to really get all the details yet, which is not surprising given that he is just now being introduced to it. He told me yesterday they wanted to try to get her off oxygen all together, as in lose the tank, but I find that hard to believe. As stevie knows, this is the normal course of progression with COPD (emphysema); every so often the lungs stop working properly and need a boost in high concentrations of oxygen levels but each time you never know if it's the last time.

Anyway, she will be in the hospital for a couple of more days for monitoring. I'm so glad she is okay but I have to be honest, it felt SO good to know my dad was there and could deal with the hospital, etc. in person and that it wasn't/isn't all falling on me. It was a huge amount of guilt to know what is the right thing to do when she would go into the hospital in OK. I have a family here that greatly depends on me and while it is possible to get childcare coverage for me to fly out at a moment's notice, it isn't easy. Thanks for all the support. I don't share this rollercoaster with many friends here as it just takes so much...

Bloom, that is great news that your Mom is off the ventilator.

Great news, Bloom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

So great that your mom is doing well!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Married 8.5.2001
    DS 6.8.2005 DD 10.3.2007 DD 4.22.2011

Bloom I am relieved for you that your dad is taking over...that is an amazing gift to both your mom and you!!

Gia - That. Is. A lot. So so hard to deal with the dementia part, I think it is pretty common for the person to blame everyone else..maybe b/c they don't understand how forgetful they are? I'm not sure but I remember my dad being that way in the beginning, not admitting or realizing his deficiencies.

Big hugs to all of us, this is a really hard stage to be in with our parents. Man, I had no idea what was ahead of me when I was younger! I feel like telling my younger friends to enjoy the calm/healthy parent relationships!!
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11

Bloom, I am glad to hear that.

bloom I'm glad to hear that your mom is OK & what a relief that your dad is able to handle things!

gia I'm so sorry about your mom. One of my friend's mom's is recently diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. Initially she would forget things like to get groceries and she was really angry and wouldn't let her dh go to Dr's appointments with her. They now have her on medication and there has been great improvement, but my friend did just move back to help her dad take care of her mom.

My mom injured her leg climbing on a ladder (it was stupid). She skinned her shin, washed it & carried on. Went to urgent care 2 days later since it was infected and then back again in 2 more days & my brother took her to the ER yesterday morning. She's been on 2 antibiotics but it still looks pretty bad and is NOT improving. Her ankle seemed quite swollen today and on my way home tonight I wondered if her leg is broken - there's been no X-ray. It is so hard to get her to lay down! I got there around 11 & she was sitting up with her leg propped up taking calls and answering emails. I finally got her to lay down and elevate her leg and got her to stay that way for the afternoon. I'm torn about whether I should go back tomorrow, but think my BIL and uncle are going to be able to go there. I really wished I live closer - we're an hour away.

Thinking of all of you. I've nothing to add that hasn't been said.