Quantcast
Page 89 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Wow, you got through a lot, cactus! My mom passed in December 2014, and my dad still hasn't decided what to do. He keeps saying he wants to go to his Florida house to clean that out but we haven't yet.

I think that we read a lot of books mainly because that's how we operate. My DD1 is also very sensitive and empathetic so we've always had to read lots of books to prep her for things - e.g. doctor's visits, etc.

Two years later my DDs still talk about Grandma almost every day, especially the 4 year old. Whenever she's sad about ANYTHING she starts talking about Grandma. I went to a wake last night for the first time since my mother passed - a close family friend of DH's family. She was 94. It kills me that my mother only got to 68 and there are people who got almost 30 years more than that. Every time I see that, I get so sad for how much she's going to miss. The woman who passed this week was a wonderful woman, though.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

*pity party here*

My dad's cancer is back. He needs to have surgery to remove a tumor in his bladder. It was scheduled for tomorrow, but he came down with pneumonia a week and a half ago and he's still not well. Dad met with a pulmonologist yesterday who says my father has asthma. So anyway, surgery is delayed until he can get his lungs clear.

My dad is taking care of my mom, who never recovered from her stroke and is reliant on a feeding tube and cannot walk. She is in in-home hospice care, but we may have to transfer her to a care facility while my dad is dealing with his health issues.

This is all overwhelming for me. I'm the only and it all falls on me, though I'm not trying to put too much pressure on myself like I have in the past.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

yby: I'm really sorry for all that your family is going through. I'm glad you are aware of needing to step back a bit. Good luck to all.

YBY- Wow, I'm so sorry. That is a lot to manage all at once. Take care of yourself and know we are all hear as a sounding board anytime.
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

yby, that is a LOT for you to handle. I'm sorry for the latest bad news.
    Leo 12/5/08 ...and Ivy 7/26/12

yby That is a lot! It does sound like it would be beneficial for your dad to not have to care for your mom constantly so he can get healthy enough for surgery. Have they tentatively rescheduled or are they going to wait for an all clear first?

Yby, that is a lot on your plate. I hope that your Dad gets over the pneumonia/asthma quickly so that he can have the surgery. Take care of yourself and good luck. Hugs!

Y: I'm so sorry to hear this! Thinking good thoughts for your dad and for you. It's good that you realize you can't put so much pressure on yourself. Being an only child in this situation must be extra difficult - an issue I think of from time to time for my DD too.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Yby - I am so sorry your family is dealing with so much. I hope your dad can get some help with your mom and that he gets the all clear soon to have surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

That's a lot Yby, so sorry.
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11