Quantcast
Page 11 of 140 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Oh my goodness semily! That's a lot. I'm so glad you were able to have a nice visit with him, at least.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

I had missed the updates. It sounds like he is in great hands! Would anyone be able to help him with the house stuff. And is anyone going to be available for him when he's recovering? This must be so hard for you being far away.
    Joshua Daniel~ 3/4/08 at 19w4d with us for 68 minutes, forever in our hearts , Michael Aaron- our rainbow baby arrived 5/15/09
    Jacob Ryan- our second rainbow 2/11/12

I hope he responds well to chemotherapy. I also wonder if there's someone that can help him out with his house- even a local cleaner could help him go through things.

Fly by post to report that both my uncle and aunt are bone marrow matches for my dad!! And he has tolerated the first cycle of chemo really well. Sore tummy where the shots have been, and having a hard time focusing, but feeling pretty good overall.

Semily, that is great news on both counts! My aunt has ovarian cancer and is on her second round of chemo. She did 9 treatments and then had surgery and now she is having 9 more. All that to say, she also has a hard time focusing and her memory isn't what it used to be. She has been told that both are side effects of the chemo.
    I hope that your Dad continues to do well with his treatment.

Semily - Glad to hear your dad's treatment is going well.
    Married 8.5.2001
    DS 6.8.2005 DD 10.3.2007 DD 4.22.2011

Glad to hear that he has bone marrow matches and that he is tolerating the chemo.
    Joshua Daniel~ 3/4/08 at 19w4d with us for 68 minutes, forever in our hearts , Michael Aaron- our rainbow baby arrived 5/15/09
    Jacob Ryan- our second rainbow 2/11/12

Semily, I just saw your news. That's wonderful!

I'd love some advice/opinions but don't want to start a new thread.

One of my BFFs from HS called on Friday to tell me her mom was on life support completely unexpectedly. I sent her a text yesterday to let her know I was thinking of her and woke up this morning to a reply saying they were going to be saying goodbye today. In fact, I'm guessing it has already happened. I'm lucky enough that she is only my 2nd friend to lose a parent while I've known them and I still have my parents. So, I'm not really sure what to do. She lives in another state. Do I just send a card and flowers or whatever the announcement calls for? She is definitely one of my "sister" friends so I want to do the right thing but I'm just not sure what that is. Do I go to the funeral/memorial or do I go visit her separately? I also don't know how quickly funerals or memorials happen. I start traveling on Wednesday through the 27th. Part fun/part Thanksgiving. Is it acceptable to miss services for that reason?

I know she has a ton of family around right now so I don't want to call her today but I am planning to text her later today.

When my FIL passed away, my husband's BFF and his wife flew to Boston (they live here, but we all lived in Boston together) to attend the services. It was SO nice of them, but a total surprise and completely not necessary. When my BFF's dad died, I flew there, but neither of us had any kids at that time and life was much simpler. She offered to come help with DD when my FIL passed away, but I felt like having to worry about her logistics would be too much on top of everything else, so I declined. All of that said, in your situation I would send flowers for the services and offer to get together when everything settles down. Typically services happen within a week-ish unless there are extenuating circumstances. If a person passed away today, I would expect services would probably be around Thurs/Fri, depending.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09