Quantcast
Page 102 of 140 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1397

bloomwood How is your mom? Did she end up going for additional testing?

My mom will close on her house & farm on 12/15 and will have an additional month to move out. I've still been going to help her every weekend and it is so.slow! She has such a hard time getting rid of stuff and doesn't want to throw anything away. We are no where near ready for her to start moving into her other house. My brother and uncle have been renovating the kitchen & bathroom and are not even close to bei g done. Dh & I moved a truckload of furniture into the upstairs of the house last weekend. They are having windows done there, but the outfit can't do them til Feb. I have no.idea why they didn't ask dh to do them. It's so frustrating.

My grandma is still in the rehab center after breaking her leg. She can get herself in & out of bed, however I went to see her last night & she said she wasn't able to get into bed on her own because her legs were so tired from her rehab session. She's been becoming more & more displeased with bring there since not all of the aids are the best. She was telling me that it would just be the best for her if she could go to sleep and not wake up. I hate hearing her talk like that. I told her that she would have to wait until after Christmas!

McG, that is the same stage my Mom is in right now, and it's very upsetting. After she broke her ankle last year, she spent about 6 weeks in rehab. She made some small progress, but ultimately, after she was released, she decided it was too difficult and decided she was going to stay in bed permanently, and she's been there ever since. It's very tough to see her bedridden, and when she starts with the "sleep and never wake up" it really bothers me. I guess at 93 she's earned the right to feel however she likes, but it still upsets me.
    "And as cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round;
    If your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine
    Thank you for your time...Here's to life!"
    - Mekong

So is she in an assisted living facility or something? My grandma had been living alone in her house. My mom has 4 dogs and it's just not feasible for her to live with my grandma or vise- versa. My uncle has an apartment in his house, but will not care for her ( he would need someone to come in to assist her- he won't even cook for himself - it's ridiculous!). We are currently trying to find someone to hire to go care for her in her home - my uncle wants to find someone that would live in. I do have an inquiry in to a local college, as we may be able to find a student that would live w/ her & commute to school. It doesn't help that my grandma can be quite difficult. It's not intentional, but she is pretty meticulous & conscious of everything -heaven forbid the improper use of I or me. I think assisted living is much more where we should be going. They don't want to spend all her $$, but my vote is that it should be used for her care.

And yes, I find it upsetting that she would talk of going to sleep & not wake up. I am afraid that if she goes home that she might try to take a bunch of pills when she has a bad day.

My mom is at home too; she has round the clock in-home care in the form of home healthcare aides (she needs professional care at this juncture), and my brother lives 15 minutes away and makes her breakfast nearly every day. My oldest sister also goes 3-4 times a week. I think it's the best solution in her situation.

I hate that kind of talk as well. I think depression in elderly people is a growing concern, and it may not be addressed as openly as it should be.

Hugs!
    Last edited by Sin Nombre; 12-08-2016 at 08:55 AM.
    "And as cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round;
    If your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine
    Thank you for your time...Here's to life!"
    - Mekong

I just got word that my grandfather is in hospice care and is expected to pass away soon. I'm not supposed to fly until January as a post-op requirement so I won't be able to travel for the funeral. I feel so sad.

My grandfather's house is right behind my dad's - I just keep picturing the houses and thinking about all their people being gone.

I'm so sorry semily. Hugs.

I'm so sorry semily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's hard semily, wanting to be there but not being able to. Hugs!
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11

I'm so sorry semily, hugs to you.

I'm so sorry semily! That's really hard!

My grandmother went home today. I have not had a moment to find out the logistics of that. She'll have a home health aide come in tomorrow morning. It is frigid here - I hope they thought to stop at her house before getting her to turn her heat up!