Quantcast
Page 100 of 140 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1397

Mcg, I'm glad to hear that the sale of your Mom's property is going through. I hope everything else works out too.

Have you asked your brother and SIL to host Thanksgiving? Or I guess if your Grandma is still in rehab you all could go to a restaurant. Holidays are really hard, my Mom passed away 2 weeks before Christmas so I understand what you are feeling.

Gia, that is great news about your Uncle. I hope that changes in your Mom's prescriptions do her some good.
    Last edited by ladyco4; 11-04-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Yes my nephew was home on leave not long ago and my brother told me that they were having an early Thanksgiving with SIL's family and I said "Great! Will you be available on Thanksgiving then? I cannot do it at my house & need someone else to!". Total deer in the headlights look. So I doubt they will. I will probably look for a restaurant in the area of my Grandma's rehab & go from there.

gia Glad that your Uncle got in & it went well. I hope the meds help your mom.

I'm dreading T-giving too this year, and it's normally my favorite holiday. Not sure if my Mom will be well enough for all of us to bring T-giving to her (that's what my family did on Xmas Eve last year, when she was in another facility rehabbing a broken ankle), but if not, my heart just isn't in it.

It's been hard enough without my Dad for the last few years; can't imagine it without her as well.

58 years old, and I still need my Mommy and Daddy - especially around the holidays
    "And as cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round;
    If your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine
    Thank you for your time...Here's to life!"
    - Mekong

Hugs to all. Growing up is so, so hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married 7.3.04 Henry 10.29.08 Charlie 11.19.11

Oh yes, holidays are hard. Such reminders of what is missing, or not the same. Big hugs all!

This aging stuff is the worst.
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11

Thinking of you all! Mcg, I can't believe the amount of stuff you are dealing with. Health problems, real estate, winemaking, grieving - it's insane.

Sin, I am right there with you. My heart isn't in this year at all. We thought my in-laws would come stay with us for Christmas but they want to stay home this year so it will just be my little family of four. DH is worried I'm going to be really sad so he suggested we have some kind of get-together with friends. I've always wanted to have a Christmas Eve party, so maybe I'll try to arrange a pot luck with friends staying in town.

It just all feels so hollow without family. I just can't believe I don't have parents. And last Christmas my Dad was in the hospital during what would be his last weeks. I can't even picture a happy Christmas!

And forget T-giving this year. My ODS hates all the food, and I'm having back surgery a week before. I think we'll be eating frozen pizza.

semily Hugs! I was looking at my time hop just now - it's my ds2's birthday today and there's a picture from his first birthday with both my dad and FIL neither are with us now. I get so sad that my boys will never have that Grandpa relationship. A get together with friends sounds like it could be the star of a new Christmas tradition for you!

semily, the holidays are really hard when you have lost loved ones. Like mcg said spending time with your friends sounds like a great new tradition.

I wish that I lived near you, I would so have you and your family over for T-day! And because I fix what all of my family likes I would fix your ODS what he likes too!

Hugs everyone. Holidays can be rough.

Sin-41 and I still need my Mom even though we drive each other nuts!

honey, I'm sorry you're going through a tough time, both with your dad and otherwise. Thinking of you!!

We got an invite from friends for t-giving. Maybe it won't suck after all!