Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For you it will probably be sweaters and boots, almost regardless of the temp. Californians and Bostonians do not have the same weather views.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

laura - that is hilarious.

jessey - I was afraid that might be the case. That's a lot to pack! I'm traveling with a friend so I'll see if she is going to check or roll aboard.

Laura has a point!
    I agree with Jessey. It tends more towards fall but can be warmer at times too. I'd plan for layers. I doubt you'll need to worry about sandals or varied footwear. By that time of year I'm solidly in flats and sometimes boots.
    New England in October and especially the Cape can be tricky weatherwise.
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Pressure is off as my gf agrees we will need layers so we will check. DH is going to give me such a hard time about it. He's travel warrior and will NEVER check whereas I love to travel unencumbered. But, I only trust airlines to get my bag there with direct flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomwood View Post
    Pressure is off as my gf agrees we will need layers so we will check. DH is going to give me such a hard time about it. He's travel warrior and will NEVER check whereas I love to travel unencumbered. But, I only trust airlines to get my bag there with direct flights.
    We have the same issue in our house!

We were in that area two years ago in late Sept and I was glad for lots of layers! If it's windy or rainy it will feel freezing by the water! But when the sun's out, its nice, and you might be ok in short sleeves and pants.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

For me, by the time mid/end of Oct rolls around, I'm definitely wearing long sleeves, jeans, a fall coat if needed, maybe the occasional sweater. Even if it's warmish, it just feels weird to wear a short sleeved shirt when the fall foliage is out, kids have been back at school for a while, apple/pumpkin picking season is in full swing, etc.
    Betsy and Dave, married 10/18/03
    Amelia Claire 3/4/07
    Nathan Edward 3/10/10

It will most likely be sweater and boots weather in late October, but you never know. It could be 70, it could be snowing. I doubt you'd need any full-on summer clothes like shorts and sandals, but you probably want to pack some short sleeved shirts. Layers are definitely key. I would also check the extended forecast before you leave to get some idea of what the weather's going to be like. You can't 100% count on it to accurate but it will give you a rough idea. If the wind's coming from the east it can get a lot cooler on the coast than it is inland.
    I'm surrounded by boys!
    DH 6/29/02 ~ DS1 3/2/06 ~ DS2 10/15/09