Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cape Cod and Vicinity

We have rented a house on the beach in Plymouth. We'll be there June 6-13. I grew up in MA but this area is not my old stomping grounds. I haven't been out to the cape and surrounding areas since probably HS.
    So, any recommendations for things to do, places to see, food/drink establishments?
    We'll likely head in town on the Amtrak one day, one of my friends has never been to Boston so he wants me to take him in. Which is fine except that I have always gone in through North Station. South Station is a whole different part of the city to me. We may take the ferry out to Nantucket one day, but that's somewhat weather and mood dependent.
    So, what else should I put on my radar??
    TIA!
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

When we were in Plymouth a few years ago, the highlight was a whale watching trip. I think we got a Groupon deal, but even if we hadn't it would have been worth it. We saw so many whales. The kids loved it too.

Thanks Scarlett. I used to do those trips as field trips as a kid. I remember them being a lot of fun. But, seeing as whale and dolphin watching trips are quite popular where we live I'm not sure DH and friend will want to do it while on vacay. It's a good idea though if the mood strikes.
    Married 10/16/04

a small drinking island with a fishing problem

I love Plymouth and my BFF works and has a weekday apartment there. What part of town are you staying in? You'll definitely want to browse Court Street, downtown. There are a bunch of cute shops and restaurants there. There's a burger place called KKaties that's amazing. The nightlife is decent for the bar/pub crawl type. Are you looking for specific activities? I can ask bff for a list of happening places that week.
    Chloe 8/2010 Oliver 7/2012
    At the beach life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.
    We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.

Thanks Fen! We're staying in a house on the beach up in the dunes. I think it's about 5 miles outside of town per the owners description, but I don't know specifically the part of town. I was just looking for any "locals" recommendations for places or activities not to miss. If there are any special festivals or the like we would definitely be interested in that.
    Married 10/16/04

We ate at KKaties too and I remember it being good.

I should probably note that this is an adult only vacation so we don't need only family friendly options.
    Married 10/16/04

a small drinking island with a fishing problem

KKaties is the perfect stop after a pub crawl. Last time we were there I had a bacon, mac and cheese burger. Yum.
    Chloe 8/2010 Oliver 7/2012
    At the beach life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.
    We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.

BOS ladies, I am heading your way 10/20 for a long weekend in Chatham. I used to live in Boston many, many moons ago but it is a blur of memories weather-wise. Am I correct in thinking that late in October it will be bona fide fall? No Indian summer, just full on sweaters and boots weather?

Bloomwood - that time of year is really up in the air. The nights may be cool, but Indian summer can mean 70s during the day. And the Cape is always hard - it can be warmer, but with the ocean breeze it could feel cooler. I think you need to plan for a little of everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09