Quantcast
Page 63 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Aww, thanks semily! Actually, my friends keep asking me why I'm still trying to lose weight, but I just still don't feel right. I'm not one of those annoying people who are like, "I'm fat, I need to lose weight!" I know I'm not fat. I just want to be back to my normal, you know?

Truthfully, I want to be below normal just for some cushion!

Like I think you are all perfect as is too, but I know it's all relative and what makes you feel good.

Congrats on staying on track!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taffers- Yes, I know exactly what you mean! I have a vision of where I want to get to too.

I was SO hungry yesterday afternoon after I posted. It was definitely a combo of the intense lunch hour workout and then a salad for lunch. The salad had plenty of protein on it, but my body was screaming for carbs! Maybe because my food in the morning was pretty carb-heavy too? I managed to stay just under total calories for the day.
    Last edited by semily24; 11-12-2015 at 08:45 AM.

I wasn't very on track yesterday, but for once I didn't beat myself up about it. I've decided to try and be a normal person, and if I don't work out/eat great one day, it's fine. I just can't do it everyday, you know?

Do any of you belong to 24 hour fitness with the body pump/ body flow/ body combat classes? They are super popular, so you have to get to the gym almost an hour early to get a pass.

It's so irritating because like today, I want to do the combat class at 8 and the pump class at 9. This means I'll be at the gym for almost THREE HOURS since I have to get a pass. I've been here since 7:08. Ridiculous. Who has that kind of time?! The only reason I can do it today is because I have no appearances so I'm just going to run errands today anyway. Oh and bc DH takes the kids to school t-th. But it's the one thing I hate about these classes!

I went off-plan yesterday, too, but knew it would happen. I was out of the house by 6 am, drove to two college campuses in 2 states, took DS1 to work, dropped DS1 w/ DH, and met friends for dinner.

All my meals were out. I had a gross egg white and turkey flatbread thing from Dunkin Donuts, then no lunch, and shared a couple of apps with my friends, no booze (this is totally fine by me, I'm not much of a drinker), and shared a slice of cheesecake with two of the girls.

I still came in on-target calorie-wise, but I deviated from the low starch thing by having the flatbread and then one of the apps was these absolutely amazing homemade warm soft pretzels with a dipping sauce I wanted to bathe in.

I didn't work out but the 4 hours of traipsing around college campuses on the tours burnt a few calories. Does it count that it was freezing and raining? I feel like the more miserably uncomfortable I am during an activity, the more calories it should burn!

J + A

Mmmmmm.... soft pretzels!!!

DH is away for a few days and I always have trouble staying on track because I get lazy about dinner, etc. Monday I start another round of the 21 Day fix, so I am happy about that.

I'm late to the discussion but I totally get it. You all look great to me too already! But I get the feeling of wanting to get back to your old self. I weigh 20-30 lbs more right now than I did for most of my adult life. Sometimes I see pics of myself and I'm like "Who is this person?!" I'd be happy to just get down to where I was right before I got pg and the year after I gave birth. That's about 10-12 lbs less than right now, depending on the day. I feel like I *really* notice the extra weight in my face right now.
    Last edited by Gia; 11-12-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Oh my gosh, have you guys ever had a plain Wetzel's Pretzel with cheese sauce?? I had never had one, and then last year at a work conference, my friend got one late night after we'd been drinking, and OMG, it was the BEST thing I'd ever tasted!!! She was like, "how the hell have you never had one of these?? I could live off them!" I could too, but I haven't had one since. Wrong thread for that discussion!

Gia- I also don't like when DH travels for that reason. I hate making my regular dinners because he eats the majority of our meals so it seems pointless when he's gone, plus there will be a lot of leftovers if he's not here so I tend to make the kids nuggets, etc, and fend for myself. It means the kids eat less healthy and I typically do too.

I'm making a new recipe I found in one of my magazines- it's a chicken and white bean chili in the crockpot. Hopefully it's good!

I eat SO much healthier when DH is not around!

He's the one bringing pastries, fudge, and other fattening stuff into the house, and he likes to eat full meals where I could have a bit of Tuna and a cut up tomato and call it dinner if I'm on a diet.

J + A

Taffers- Same here. DH is generally a healthy eater/prefers home-cooked meals. He doesn't snack at work, so he pretty much eats 2 normal person servings at dinner, and then takes the left overs for lunch. But I feel so unmotivated when he's not home. My kids eat like birds and don't like their food "mixed" really. So I do the same thing and make them Annie's Mac n Cheese, or nuggets or something. And then I end up eating crap too or some weird snacky dinner. Which leads to more snacking later. Ugh.

eta: I've never had a "Wetzle's Pretzel", only Auntie Annes and the various Philly brands, oh, and one from the Mellow Mushroom- that one was sooo good!
    Last edited by Gia; 11-12-2015 at 02:52 PM.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Yup, my DH is really healthy too so he keeps me in line when he's home because he likes healthy home cooked meals!

So I've been obsessed with this as a snack lately. Nothing new or ground breaking, but I'm into it lately! Apples/cinnamon:
    [

Last edited by taffers; 11-17-2015 at 05:42 PM.

I love all the baggy jeans talk! I'm not there yet..... still have a ways to go before I need to size down but I hope that day isn't too far off!

I'm on day 4 of no starchy carbs. Aside from the 1/2c of rolled oats in my morning smoothie, I have done really well. I'm down .6 lbs- I'll take it.

Taffers- those apples look good! I had a ton of apples that were getting mushy so I made an apple crisp for the family last night.... the house smelled so good! I did have a small bite but stopped after that
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12