Quantcast
Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

LOL! I feel you. Tomorrow will be better.

I could not bring myself to work out today and I was supposed to do 45mins. Blah.

I'm in a funk. Ate a ton while on our girls' trip, still managed to only gain a pound, but I can't seem to lose that damn pound. Let alone the other 14 that need to come off!

On a non-scale victory, when in Florida with Kimber and Fenway we did our usual thing where Kimber gets skinnier and skinnier every year and Fen and I inherit her larger clothes. Well, she had some jeans but they were one size smaller than all my jeans so I almost didn't try them. Lo and behold, they fit PERFECTLY! So yay, I am down a size!

Oh, and I bought a bathing suit while there and it's TWO sizes smaller than my usual size!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J + A

Sky- That's awesome!! It takes a lot of work to go down a size (or TWO)! The weather can not help all you NE ladies. It was so depressing for me last year when I was trying to diet and it was cold and snowy... all I wanted was coffee, cookies, and heavy stuff like stews and bread with butter!!

Tgr- I forgot to answer your question about eating out before. As the other ladies mentioned, probably the only things that will work with a strict diet is salad with grilled chicken and a tiny bit of dressing. Personally, I don't usually like fast food salads, so I would probably just pack a cooler with my own salad and other healthy snacks (Greek Yogurt with fruit, veggies and humus, nuts, etc.) We've been doing that a lot lately. If you can "save" for a "cheat meal" you can have more leeway. We went out for dinner a couple of weekends ago to a Mexican restaurant. I saved both of my carbs, my cheese, my dressing, 2 veggies, and a protein for my dinner (ordinarily, those would have been more spaced through out the day). I got a big chicken quesadilla salad and a margarita (basically a salad with beans and chicken and veggies topped with a small cheese quesadilla). I gave dh half the quesadilla and dipped my fork in the dressing. It was all delish! It wasn't technically on my diet, but I made it fit as closely as I could and I feel like I did not go over-board.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

I'm feeling less crazy this morning. I did end up going over in calories last night, but still had a deficit for the day. I SO WANTED some granola with vanilla kefir for dinner, but made a spinach salad instead.

I created a food plan on fitbit.com based on losing five pounds at a moderate pace, which said I should have a 500 calorie deficit each day. I think I've probably been eating about 2300 calories a day before this, and burning about 1,700. I'm going to try eating a good snack at 3:00 today so I don't get the crazy snackies at 5:00 like I did yesterday.

tgr- I agree with the others about packing food. My family always carries food if we're going to be out and about for more than an hour. Beef jerky and dried soybeans are two things we often have that are really high in protein.

sky- That's awesome that you're done a whole jeans size!! And 2 in bathing suits?!?!
    Last edited by semily24; 03-10-2015 at 09:54 AM.

I'm still here... Still shooting mean glances at the scale. It's moving down but VERY slowly so I think I just need to take a chill pill and not step on it for a few weeks.

Other than that I'm finally back on the workout wagon. I've fit in some exercise every day the last week and a half...at least 30 minutes a day... Yesterday was more like 3 hours if you count mowing the lawn.

I also adjusted my goal on my fitness pal since I wasn't seeing much action number wise. It has me down to 1200 calories a day which is a bit tough but the exercise is helping with any tiny overages.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenmommy View Post
    I also adjusted my goal on my fitness pal since I wasn't seeing much action number wise. It has me down to 1200 calories a day which is a bit tough but the exercise is helping with any tiny overages.
    Friend me on MFP! Leslie_j_r

PS: I had NO IDEA that if you changed your goal, it changes your amount of calories for the day. Holy crap. I have had the same goal forever (1lb per week). My mind is seriously blown right now. I just changed it to 2lb a week and lo and behold, my allotted calories went down. WOW!

Sky, that is amazing. Down a size in jeans is a huge goal of mine- way to go!

Garden- I got tired of shooting the scale angry looks and just stopped getting on it. Not my best move, but it was just too defeating.

I really need to start logging on MFP again, but I think I burned myself out on it last fall when I was being really serious about dropping those 10-15 pounds. I logged every bite, literally.

I've done terribly with exercise and eating the past 2 weeks. The last blast of arctic air was just too much to handle, and the sub zero temps finally got the best of me. I just could not do it. I was ready to get back on the wagon again yesterday, but we FINALLY had a nice day, and the kids were dying to go outside, so I took them out instead of getting in a workout before dinner. They wanted to ride bikes, so I suppose it was some activity, at least, but the 3-year old pace doesn't really raise the heart rate, if you know what I mean.

Related, I have this tender spot right along my spine, just above my tailbone. It doesn't hurt, it's just sore to the touch, and I really only notice it when I lay down or bend over, etc. I thought maybe I had aggravated it on the elliptical, but after 2 weeks off, I'd think it would have gone away, no? So now I don't know what to do. I made the mistake of googling, and I have all sorts of anxiety over it, but where do I go? Chiropractor? GP?
    R+P 11.09.02
    C 04.06.09 + G & J 12.19.11

Leslie- The fitbit app also changes your daily calories throughout the day based on activity level. If I went for a run right now, it would increase my number. I was dismayed when I saw only 1200 calories this morning, but it's increased since. (but not since I planted my fanny at my desk!)

Falling- That sounds like some kind of inflammation. I'd start with your GP.

Quote Originally Posted by semily24 View Post
    Leslie- The fitbit app also changes your daily calories throughout the day based on activity level. If I went for a run right now, it would increase my number. I was dismayed when I saw only 1200 calories this morning, but it's increased since. (but not since I planted my fanny at my desk!)
    I think I knew that. Maybe. lol I don't really ever look at it because I have it synced to MFP, so MFP tells it how many calories I've eaten and Fitbit tells MFP my activity level. Now, I also use a heart rate monitor (chest strap) when I am exercising that is synced to Endomodo which is synced to MFP. I don't know how MFP figures all that stuff out between the two, but it somehow does. Technology is amazing.