Quantcast
Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1629

I am surprised how many old ladies are in my 7 am Saturday morning meetings as well - I tried going to a noon meeting near work and it was almost all old ladies!

I am hoping to get to my meeting this weekend but with the predicted snow, I am not sure. I have to go up and over a steep hill to get there so even a small amount of snow makes it tricky.

I've resigned myself to losing 3 lbs a month - granted that means it will take 2 years to get to goal (yes, that is about 70 lbs I want to lose). I just can't commit to more than 3 lbs a month - as perimenopause is fully upon me, I find that 2 out of 4 weeks of the month are more challenging than they have been before. I know I can work on my habits in those weeks, but trying to say that I will lose 5 lbs a month just isn't realistic for me. I just want to get to goal before I am 50. But most of all I need to figure out a way to keep it off - I never, ever thought I would have regained the weight I lost from 2012-2014.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomwood View Post
    I'm reading this while eating my sourdough roll with butter (from Boudin for my NorCalers)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyco4 View Post
    I'm drooling
    Me too! A friend of mine is from SF and when she visits WI she always brings me two loafs of bread. Although, more than a slice a day and I get horrid heartburn.

We are back from vacation. So, my eating was horrible but I tried to temper it with lots of veggies. I had a salad with every dinner we were at home for, and I snacked on cucumbers and carrots. Granted my day eating was mini corn dogs, a cake pop, caramel apple slice, and other Disney delights. But, I tried to keep my portions smaller to reduce the calories.

I had plans to start in "proper" today but we had burgers for lunch. When works buys, I don't say no. But, I'm going to log it all.

I'm using MyFitnessPal again. My sister uses it for her workouts so we have sent messages back and forth in the past. I may suggest doing a competition with her and my mom. We like to do these to help motivate us. I'll see if they might be up for it.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

So I jumped on the scale today to see how bad vacation was. I knew what I had weighed (there abouts) since I had just gone to the doctor before vacation.

I think my scale is funky because there is NO WAY I gained like 60 pounds on vacation! And no way my clothes would still fit if that was even remotely correct. I mean, six pounds and things are tight! And my clothes aren't any tighter than usual. And I'm in the size I was in before I lost weight.

Bad scale.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

Sounds like it's time for a new scale, Chimi

Shockingly, I was down a pound today. It's been one of those weeks where I thought for sure that I'd be up, so that was a nice surprise.

I have lost 23.6lbs so far and need to lose a minimum of 50 more. This is definitely going to be a yearlong project!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good for you Leslie! Just remember, it's a marathon not a sprint and you will get to the end!!

Awesome job Leslie!

When all said and done, I need to lose 80 lbs (lost 10 so far) - To me I feel like it is 2 years away (my goal is by the time DS turns 10) - I know myself and know that just can't sustain weight loss week after week. When I lost weight before I lost 35 lbs in a year - I just don't think I can do more. I'd love to be one of those people who can lose 60-70 lbs in a year.

But at the same time I SUCK at saying "I want to lose X lbs by Y date" - I usually sabatoge myself and gain - I had a 364 day engagement and didn't lose 1 lb in that year even though at the time i wanted to lose 30.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

Great job Leslie!

jesseybell I think you should just focus on a one day at a time, simpler goal approach such as no pop this week, then no pop for the next week plus a 15 minute walk each day and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgwigan View Post
    Great job Leslie!

jesseybell I think you should just focus on a one day at a time, simpler goal approach such as no pop this week, then no pop for the next week plus a 15 minute walk each day and so on.
    This is very good advice.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, pre-made protein shake? I know many people use the protein powder to make shakes but I am too lazy for that I'd like to find something that is high protein and low in carbs/sugar and not too chemically (if that is even possible.) TIA!
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12