Quantcast
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

gardenmommy That's a tough one! Has the other tooth grown in? As the permanent tooth grows in, it "erases" the roots of the baby tooth, which causes it to become loose and fall out. I don't think there's any way to "help things along" with a tooth growing in, so I'd probably be extra cautious about future extractions. How old is your DS?

Semily, I'm so glad the pain has stopped at least. Sorry it's such s long wait, that part always sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married 7.3.04 Henry 10.29.08 Charlie 11.19.11

Default Dental issues/questions

Semily so glad the pain has stopped.

Garden. DD1 had a baby molar extracted because it was coming in crooked and the baby tooth wasn't moving and they were worried about an abscess. It took a good year for the molar to come out and she had to wear a retainer with a spacer thing to push the tooth into the right spot. It was frustrating. We are waiting for 2 final big teeth to come in before starting braces and it has been over a year. Sorry. Teeth seem to move at their own slow pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A&K 05.18.02
    Baby Girl 09.06.05... Angel Baby Oct 2007... Baby Girl 10.21.08
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

I wanted to report that my YDS had his first of two appointments last Friday to deal with his wrecked molars. While the penicillin had knocked out the infection, an abscess had formed above the worst tooth.
    That tooth was pulled (which was the first molar on the left side), and a cap with a spacer was attached to the molar behind it. He was given a mild oral sedative first and then had laughing gas, and he did incredible!!! Didn't feel a thing and watched Garfield in the tv in the ceiling the whole time. (I was the one about to pass out!) It took a few hours for the numbness to wear off, which weirded him out, but he felt totally fine after that. He goes back next week to get the cavities on the other side dealt with, but that should be easier. I am so relieved that he didn't feel pain, and had no after effects! I was sure he would have a sensory meltdown about the cement, hole, and/or the crown. I need to send the dentist office a fruit basket to say thanks.

Great news Semily! What a relief.
    babygirl 10-29-07
    baby sister 7-17-11

Good news Semily! Such a relief!

My sister was telling my that the. 12 yo molars of my niece never grew in - she's 15. My sister let the dentist cut her gums hoping that they would proceed to come through so there was a corner of one that was showing and now it's decayed. She's talking about taking her to an oral surgeon, but I'm hoping the solution isn't to just remove them. She was late getting teeth as a baby - I think over 1, so I'm thinking they would come through eventually!

Wonderful Semily!

What a relief Semily! So happy to hear that your YDS came through the procedure OK.