Quantcast
Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Default Bathroom renovations

Bathrooms are at the top of my 2015 GSD list, but I am incredibly indecisive! Ha. I've spent the day scouring houzz and sending inquiries to design-build firms to start the process (I hope). I came across this pic, and I am wondering if this type of glass seems dated?
    http://www.houzz.com/photos/8723950/...-san-francisco

The configuration of our master bath is such that the shower will always be right across from the vanity/mirrors. For this reason I don't LOVE completely transparent glass, since I don't love watching myself shower. It's not a deal breaker, we had it in a previous bathroom and it was fine, just not my favorite. We have hideous frosted shower doors now, and I had assumed we would just go with glass for this project. Just wondering what people think of this type of thing. I'm not in love with it, but it is the first non-transparent option I've seen that I don't hate.

This is the first of approximately 1 zillion questions I will probably have...
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

I'm not a fan. Sorry!

If clear glass really bothers you, you could consider smart glass, which changes from translucent to opaque.

My first instinct is no, but I want to see it in other bathrooms / other designs before I give it a hard no. Transparent, frameless glass seems to be the thing right now. The glass should fog up a bit when you're in the shower anyway if you don't want to check yourself in the mirror.

I just did what you're doing - spending lots of time looking at houzz and Pinterest to get bathroom ideas. My master is being gutted starting Monday! Can't wait to live through it and be done.

I like ejs' idea too!

That is interesting, I will keep it in mind. But I would rather have heated floors than fancy glass, so I'll have to see how it all shakes out!

I know, transparent is The Thing. Blah!

I *LOVE* our heated floor!

I don't hate it. We have a glass door and it does completely fog up. Also the shower head wouldn't be facing the mirror. Love, love heated floors.

Lol. Yes I know the shower head wouldn't be facing the mirror. That would be weird. It's not a huge issue bc I almost never have my contacts in when I'm showering, just exploring all the options!

We have transparent glass and it very quickly fogs up completely. It used to drive me nuts because when DD was an infant I would put her in the papasan chair while I showered and I wouldn't be able to see her!

I really like the transparent glass. I'm not a huge fan of the glass you posted.

I actually don't hate that glass that you posted, but I would like it more if it went all the way to the ceiling.
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?