Quantcast
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Default What's Everyone Reading: 2014

Tell us about what you're reading!

Just finished The Hangman's Daughter and now reading The Dark Monk. I'm reading them in English, which is probably odd.

Love that series! Have to read them in English so not odd for me.

Just finished Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore. Someone mentioned it in one of the other threads. It was terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebear View Post
    Just finished Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore. Someone mentioned it in one of the other threads. It was terrific.
    That was me-- glad you liked it!

I finished Beautiful Ruins -- liked it, didn't love it.

Now I'm back to some brain candy-- working my way through the Vince Flynn "Mitch Rapp" novels. No idea what any of them are called -- I just check the list to see which one is next and download it .

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
    That was me-- glad you liked it!
    Yes! Thanks so much! I love starting the year off with a good book. I really loved that one.

I just finished The Fault in Our Stars. It was a good YA book but now I'm convinced I have cancer.

I read so many books towards the end of the year that I'm taking it easy. I've been very, very slowly reading a book I got from Netgalley called Bitches of Brooklyn. I think it's supposed to be a woman's fiction/chick lit. Maybe? It's alright.

I did decide to try something new this year, though. I went through a good chunk of my 'to read' list on Goodreads and made a 2014 shelf with books I want to read this year. Hoping this will keep me on track. I find it easier to look at and and choose from a list of 20 books that I want to read than a list of 1000s of books I want to read.

ETA: I forgot! I wanted to share this link that put a huge smile on my face this morning. I had no idea who was playing the lead male in Gone Girl and I about flipped my lid when I saw the photo from the movie in this post!
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalde...this-year?bffb

Have you seen this pic of Gone Girl? http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/01/08/co...her-gone-girl/

OMG, OMG, OMG. I'm like a 13yr old girl right now! lol No, had not seen that yet! We get EW, too. I wonder if it will be in the mailbox today? AHHHHHHHHHH!!! Thanks, scarlett!

I just finished The Interestings, and I really, really liked it. It was well-written, the characters were ideally fleshed-out, and I totally related to the era (growing up in the 70s). I'd recommend it solidly.

Now I am reading Triburbia by Karl Taro Greenfeld. Each chapter is written from the perspective of a different character, so I am still not sure of the story that is going to ultimately be told, but I am enjoying the writing so far.
    "And as cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round;
    If your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine
    Thank you for your time...Here's to life!"
    - Mekong