Quantcast
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Default ipad, ipad Mini, or Kindle Fire

Thanks for the tip, honeygirl! I hadn't thought of the airplane mode trick. I use Overdrive primarily - I barely ever buy books. I usually finish books on time but once or twice they automatically digitally returned before I could finish. Now I know what to do if I'm getting close to the deadline time and have just a few pages/chapters left.

DD2 asked for a Kindle for Christmas - I think I'm going to buy that 49.99 one above. Thanks, TracyDP! Or maybe the Kindle Fire kids version.

I love my Kindle! I never thought I could read books electronically but that's what I do most of the time now. I prefer a basic one with no browser because I use my smartphone for that. When I want to read I just want to read and don't want to be distracted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by twinnyme; 09-24-2016 at 04:46 PM.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

I also didn't think I would like using a kindle but I absolutely love it now. I can take hundreds of pounds of books with me on vacation in a device that weighs a few ounces and I can read in bed with the lights off since the paperwhite has a built in light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ended up buying DS the basic Kindle on Sunday - the kids' bundle - and he loves it. Then today they offered $30 off on all Kindles for Prime members, and I chatted with Amazon and they refunded $30! So I feel like I got an exceptional deal and am not out a ton of money if he were to lose it.

With the Prime discount, it was $69.99 for the kindle, cover, and 2-year damage warranty. I'm really happy with that.

We just got an iPad Air...our iPad was the original one, so we kind of needed an upgrade, but it doesn't have a timer...is that right, or are we just not looking in the correct place? Our $50 kindle fire has one....
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

Looch, look in the Clock app.

Leslie: what I am looking for is something that functions like the kindle fire, you set 20 minutes and then at that time, it chimes and then you can no longer play. My son disregards the timer, it doesn't threaten him.
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

Ohhh, the iPad doesn't have that. There are some apps like that, though. If you Google, you should get a bunch of hits.

On the iPad, there is a way to lock the screen when the timer goes off. That will only work if you have a passcode that your son doesn't know though.

Ok, the iPad has been set up with fingerprint authentication...but what I don't know is who has what accounts and what's on each account. I will try to find that out tonight.
    Last edited by looch; 10-30-2016 at 03:37 PM.